1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. gatosardina

gatosardina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Erm no
    Are you sure you are playing spirited giraffe?
    Fuel is not necessary in giraffe version to travel within the solar system, only to travel to different systems

2. doll13

doll13 Void-Bound Voyager

i'm using CLEF it makes so that i need to use at least five fuel to travel in the solar system

3. drakarna

drakarna Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So after a while of searching, I beam down to a Forest planet... I laughed in joy when I finally found my first avali settlement.
    http://i.imgur.com/uzfe34z.png

But then...
    http://i.imgur.com/GphObEb.png
    ....Where is everybody?
    http://i.imgur.com/LCDrBks.png
    It's like they all just.... vanished :c
    http://i.imgur.com/rduxKWl.png

It's nice to know personally that Avali settlements DO in fact spawn, but distressing that the tents, Avali and other minor things don't :c
    But at least now my character has a mission: Find out what's causing the disappearance of Avali colonists.

Edit: After examining that initial part, I discovered the planet is literally one big Avali settlement. This thing stretches the map... wow o_O

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    Yanazake likes this.
  4. Imca

Imca Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Errrrr, I thought the Avli/Frakin universe patch was suposed to fix this, did I not install it right?

5. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

It appears that my patch isn't working right. Give me a moment. I can't decipher what's going on in that error log. When does this happen?

THat's not the error that happens without the patch, it says something about duplicate item. This seems like a malformed json error.

Edit: Alright, I've made up a new one, this one hopefully working. I've launched Starbound with it in place, so if it gives you more trouble come on back.
    It's found where you found it before. Same link and everything[DOUBLEPOST=1430091231][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I made a change to try to make the settlements a bit bigger, but I didn't meant to make them THAT big.
    Also that's the same issue I ran into at first when trying to get the dungeons to work in the first place. I ended up just re-using Ryuu's original dungeon file, and that worked like a charm. I'm not at all sure what's going on there, so I wouldn't know where to begin fixing it. People are more than welcome to mess with it on their end and send me a fixed version.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  6. thunderskull733

thunderskull733 Intergalactic Tourist

does this work for the spirited giraffe update?

7. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

It does, yes.

8. Imca

Imca Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Still giving errors, but I seemed to have fixed it by removing the graphene.item and graphene.png from the Avali folder....

Errr, that wont cause any errors later will it?

9. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

No, it is actually the only fix, because both FU and the Avali mod will use the same item.

10. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, it will cause all problems for your Avali. Graphene is their basic resource, no Graphene, no equipment.[DOUBLEPOST=1430100003][/DOUBLEPOST]So, are we free to recommend/suggest ideas to be added to the fan/unoffical version?

11. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

IMCA is using Frackin Universe, it seems, and to use the avali with it, it's NECESSARY to remove EITHER graphene related files. Not ALL of them. It'll simply be re-routed from one mod to use the item from the other. Insta-compatibility, because SB was coded for mods.

edit: And now there's something about a patch. That's something i didn't see yet, but if the game has been working fine up to now with this technique, why would i try to use something else, unless necessary?

12. OssomSagax

I'm using Frackin' Universe, got no problems here:geek:

13. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Do avali villages still spawn? I can at least use assets but I haven't yet found one.

14. Devani

Devani Cosmic Narwhal

They do, but I think the npcs and a few objects still don't spawn properly.

15. Kitantho

Kitantho Scruffy Nerf-Herder

One minor bug I haven't seen mentioned yet is that the two crafted doors on the nanolathe (interlocking door & plated door) do not play a sound when opened/closed. It's probably as easy as changing the sound file in the .object for them but I'm not sure how to get a list of valid sounds.

The tent door from the loom can be fixed to be placeable by deleting this line from objects\avalicamp\doors\campdoor.object
    Code:
      "objectType" : "wire",

However, it also has no sound when opened/closed.

16. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

No errors until you uninstall Frackin Universe, at which point it's as simple as getting a fresh graphene.item.

The line has been removed from my local version, I'm trying to work on several other fixes concurrently.

Absolutely! You can even make them yourself and PM them to me and I'll give them a once-over to make sure everything looks alright before adding it to the mod and giving you credit!

17. Exsistentiam

Exsistentiam Pangalactic Porcupine

Listen up people i may have found a way to make this work with FU find all graphine files and simply change the name also enter all files with notepad++ and change all graphene as well and save (not save as because it seems to create a new notepad and nothing changes)

18. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

...Just delete the graphene files from one mod as we've explained many times already.

Yanazake likes this.
  19. gatosardina

gatosardina Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually no it won't
    The problem with the incompatibility between frackin universe and avali is that both mods add graphene. You just have to delete from either one of the mos assets.
    But there is nothing to worry about. The avali mod works with the frackin universe graphene and vice-versa

20. OssomSagax

As I've already said, I use both, and a few others, and have had no problems with incompatibility. Please check what other mods are being used?

Awesome! I'll start looking through my old concepts and stuff, see if I can make Avali stuff from them :D