1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. ShadowDragon8685

ShadowDragon8685 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love that chair. My non-Avali space captains are deeply envious of a properly commanding place to park their afts while pooring over the map before saying "Engage!"
    I mean, the Avali office chairs look more Captainly than most race's captain's chairs. It's kind of embarrassing.

2. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

i just found an avali mod for staxel although i have yet to use it.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  3. aBOXofTOM

aBOXofTOM Pangalactic Porcupine

I think the reason that it feels better and more captainly is that it is, in fact, bigger. by like a whole 8 pixels in both directions. i couldnt fit all the details that i wanted into the tile space of the normal chairs so i increased it from 3x3 tiles to 4x4. I was thinking about making alternate captain chairs for some of the vanilla races, that kinda fit with the themes of the ships, but i literally have not played a vanilla race since i found the avali triage mod, so i have no real personal motivation to do it. still, commanding your glitch space castle from an imposing throne would be far better than commanding it from a dinky little office chair. ooh, and the apex could have a captains chair straight out of star trek. that'd be good.

Also i just built a portable music player (why yes, i am using frackin' universe) and you'd think that for how much i actually listen to the soundrack even outside of playing the game, i should be able to identify more than 3 songs. but no. i only know 3 songs.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  4. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

just a question for the dev: could you make a workshop Collections of avali AddOns, just a thought. easier for avali-players to find cool addons

5. Seby88

Seby88 Void-Bound Voyager

M8 , u see , not all the Avali addons are on this site , most of them are on steam , and they are some cool ones

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  6. DinoExplorer2000

yes a Collection on steam

7. Seby88

m8, I don't use Steam for my Starbound, but, on Steam I found a loot of cool mods

8. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Sad that they don't post it here though. :(

9. Seby88

yep, is very sad, someone should comment on their mods and ask them to put it here as well, I would do it if it wasent for Steam's 5$ system

ChronoHyperion likes this.
  10. DinoExplorer2000

what 5$ system?
    and something that i hope will be added. more textured weapons. most of the avali weapon types has the same texture. a bit variety, like the swords, or multipe same graded weapons With different thextures, like the elithian alliance mod.

11. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Okay perhaps I misspoke.

Not only would it be wrong to absorb those mods without asking, but I'm not willing to. If a mod developer wants to offer their work to this mod, that's another story, but I'm not about to go around asking every avali addon developer if they want to have their work sucked into the main mod. That said, if a developer approaches me and specifically states they want to/are okay with their mod being absorbed, that's a different story.

The difference is, Triage development is extremely fragmented as-is. Anyone can add in anything at any time, which has led to the entire mod becoming a giant conglomerated mess.

I'm planning on trying to get an art team put together, and a coding team put together, but it's going to be tough because I can't offer either of these teams anything in return for the work I'd be expecting of them.

12. aBOXofTOM

going around and asking everyone seems like a pain in the butt. so yeah, i can totally understand why you're gonna leave it up to the addon makers to offer their stuff.

Also, the $5 thing he was talking about is basically that steam wont let you send friend requests, post comments on stuff, or a bunch of other things unless you've spent at least $5 on steam. it's meant to stop fake accounts like spam bots, scammers, and other evil people from doing anything evil, i guess. which is an annoying amount of money to pay just to post a few comments, but hey, you get a game out of it. and if you really hate steam that much, theres some older games that never need to update, cost about $5, and once you download them you can play them without needing to launch through steam. or even having steam involved at all. it takes a little bit of know how and i think is technically piracy, but i've done it with lots of games just cause it makes them start a tiny bit faster.

13. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

14. seth270

seth270 Void-Bound Voyager

anyone know how to swap between to the alternate ship from the latest mod I've noticed the new mods running the old ship and i And a friend wanna use the alternate ship.

15. aBOXofTOM

well, i'm a wee bit confused by how you worded that, but if you mean what i think you mean, then you're going to want to use this: https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/avali-triage-alternate-ship.4073/
    or if you use steam workshop, you'll want this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729675474
    or if you dont want to download anything and install it, you could go for the super tedious route of renaming all of the ship files, but like i said that is super tedious. also, either one you use, i'd suggest switching to single player to upgrade, unless you and your friend are one a private server and both want the same ship, cause if you have this installed on the server, all avali players are going to get that ship when they upgrade, and if it isnt on the server, then they all get the default ship whenever they upgrade. and theres no way around that as far as i know.

16. NeckVerd

NeckVerd Big Damn Hero

I don't why but the design of my ship isn't that of the alternate avali ship mod.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  17. DinoExplorer2000

something i have been wondering about, when i play as human, avali chats are mean, when i play avali, some humans are mean, and some are sorry. i think something happened, but idk what, can someone tell me why the avali and humas seems to dislike eachother?

and another thing. on the wiki it says avali lives in packs, could it be possible so avali spawn with a avali crewmember on ship? its so lonely in the beginning

18. aBOXofTOM

this may be entirely innacurate, as this is something i read a long time ago, but i think the reason for hostility between avali and humans is that the avali jumped straight from tribal to spacefaring, in the space of a few decades, thanks to advanced technology that was taken from their enemies in a very large war, in which their enemies, who resembled humans (or possibly were human), were trying to wipe them out. the avali won because of terrain advantage and clever tactics, and evolving as an apex hunter race, but it was a hard victory. so when the avali first encountered humans in their own exploration of space, well, lets just say it wasnt a peaceful first contact. there was a lot of tension, and in some cases there still is.

as for getting a pack, there are mods that allow you to spawn in custom NPCs, which is what i always do at the start of a game as an avali :p of course they all stay on the ship while i'm out exploring, but they're nice to talk to. and one of them heals me when i get myself hurt. which is often.

19. LunaraGK

LunaraGK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Building a dwelling and filling it with avali items, then placing a deed, you'll get an avali tenant. Do some quests, and with a bit of luck, they should become a crew member.

20. DinoExplorer2000

a thing i thought would be cool. could you add amoonia as a liquid that sometiimes spawn as pools in snowy/tundra planets? and maybe a special building in colonies, a ammonia tank, to keep ammonia in. and on the culinay station you could combine ammonia bottles and ammonia into drinkable bottles of ammonia