1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. leinglo

leinglo Phantasmal Quasar

Exactly! Where Starbound itself mostly explains things with "It works because it just does. It's pulp scifi. Don't question it." Which isn't bad, I gotta clarify that, but the Avali have actual thought put into how they function. It still might not be totally realistic, but there was still real effort put into explaining them, and that's more than the material they're being added to has.

Also, Marxon, you should've found a way to put a counter on how many people clicked on that spoiler.

2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Why do you regret that? Some minor complaints over PGIs and people needing to reload some worlds that have powerless guards?

Oi. It's called a joke. You know, that thing people do sometimes when they just want to jest a little and not actually be serious?

Might want to look into that joke thing and soon -- having no humor makes for a very sour life, you know?

Everybody has their own reasons for why they like Avali. Some might like the hard science, other people just like fluffy space raptors and think the ship, armor, and weapons look cool.

Some people see Avali as "FINALLY, something that ain't a re-skinned human with a tail/ears/whatever pasted on!"

Not everybody is in it for the science.

However, those who are, I really don't think they should be complaining about aerogel when there are much, much larger Breaks from Reality going on. I was merely trying to point out that quibbling over little details when much larger problems exist is kinda silly.

And now, for something quite juvenile. If that's your kinda humor... *shrug*

EDIT: I honestly don't know why you're getting so uppity at me, but I'm just going to assume you're in a bad mood or something because I did nothing to provoke you, so I dunno why you're attacking me.

3. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

The part of my brain that processes sarcasm and subtle social interactions shows up as black and dead on brain scans.

I honestly had no way of telling.

Please help me put down the phone my left thumb reeeeally hurts.

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of "telling someone to quit playing a game is not something any sane person would seriously do" but... I suppose I shouldn't assume everybody'd understand there was some jesting in there.

......???

5. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

You keep replying, I'm strongly obligated to answer.

6. Ser-matticus

Ser-matticus Big Damn Hero

Go to bed Marxon we can chat about this later, maybe in the discord chat

7. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Nuuuuh i want my cookies first, fevix promised cookies...

Fine.

8. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Speaking of Discord chat, I recently discovered that the invite link only functions for 24 hours at a time.
    So here's another one: https://discord.gg/S64N6

Edit: I just discovered the wonders in "Advanced Settings"
    Here's ANOTHER invite link. This one doesn't expire ever:
    https://discord.gg/vSBxKFA

9. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I was just linked to a spotlight that TheGullofDoom made! Check it out:

CuChaspel and leinglo like this.
  10. leinglo

Me when he mentions the SAIL:
    upload_2016-8-8_1-30-19.png

It did have me think, though, should we just merge in the drone pet already or leave it as an addon?

Quilavabom likes this.
  11. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

Drone pet works fine for me, don't see why not merge it.

12. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I agree with Ancev, I jsut haven't gotten around to it.

13. leinglo

I can do the work for you there, I'll go make a pull request for it on github.

14. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Okay, okay. Stop.
    Let me try again.
    Areogel blades are transparent in Starbound.
    My point is, sure, you could make it blue and opaque, but I just personally think it would not quite fit in with the rest of the blades in the mod.

15. leinglo

Do we really have to go back to beating this dead horse? We hardly have to be told to try and fit with the mod's style, nobody's changing the color or transparency of aerogel, blade or otherwise, just for the hell of it. This started over a bayonet, right? The only reason I did not make the blade partially transparent is because I did not know how. Now I do, and so if we ever figure out how to add a melee alt fire to a weapon, and if we ever decide to implement such functionality with my design, you can be sure that I will rectify that tiny discrepancy.
    Or, I may be a troll and leave it opaque, just to see if you'd ever notice in practice the lack of transparency in a blade whose transparent section is only one. pixel. wide.
    Now I'm going to bed, because it's 4 in the morning and sleep deprivation is probably making me more grumpled than this issue deserves. Good night.

16. Lespedeza

Lespedeza Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know about the difficulty, especially the animation stuff, but shouldn't it be possible to simply modify the energy lance alt fire?

17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Tempting...

18. Dilk2000

Dilk2000 Void-Bound Voyager

k :D

19. leinglo

Alright, the forums are back, and I got a treat:
    upload_2016-8-9_6-22-39.png
    I noticed that one of the things that still needs to be updated in AAaA is the weapons, so I thought I'd give it a shot with my designs. They're all coded, tiered, tested, and functional, with the burst rifle and combat rifle redesigned as middle of the road options between the assault rifle and the minigun and between the assault rifle and railgun, respectively. Unfortunately, the bayonet is merely a visual distinction...but it is transparent, for those hung up on that.

Quilavabom, Icebelly, Sparrows, whoever's currently working on the addon, would you guys be interested in using these?

Attached Files:

20. jaymee_murder

jaymee_murder Subatomic Cosmonaut

All i know is they were changed and the chest i kept all the guns in only contained PGIs, the same amount as the weapons, all of which were the guns from this mod