1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
    i saw a suggestion a while back, where oyu would have, like, an entire section of the game getting to learn the controls while escaping...whatever it is for your specific race. Though that...I could imagine how ridiculous that'd be to program and get together.

2. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

You don't understand me. I mean, they could go ahead and replace anything really, since this game is a work in progress. Not that they announced anything about replacing the intro.

3. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

I see. I just found it interesting

4. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

You wanna know what's funny? Having a seriously drunk looking, pissed off Avali going through a hostile dungeon has the potential to make a hellish scene, all them molotov cocktails flying around.

0deneb0 likes this.
  5. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Not all the time, but every now and again I will.

6. MrMadmanx2

cool. I have an Avali OC now thanks to a friend. and I am always open to a simple RP

7. Shard of Sorrow

Shard of Sorrow Pangalactic Porcupine

I didn't have this issue, actually found 2 Avian Airships on a single planet with at least 3 other Avali random encounters. So I'm guessing Random isn't a term the devs used lightly.

Ironically, I hadn't found a single Airship on that character until then, and several weeks of playing were done on that said character.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  8. Taverius

Taverius Phantasmal Quasar

Oh they spawn, its just that they spawn in a different location from where they spawn without avali - everywhere there is an airship in vanilla starbound, there's an avali settlement, so the co-ordinate thread is limited use for getting a decent gun.

9. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

Uh... Avali airships?

10. Shard of Sorrow

Shard of Sorrow Pangalactic Porcupine

...Whoops, -fixed-

11. MrMadmanx2

have a Question. who is Reni the Arms Dealer? I know he's an Avali, but how did he start out? does he have a pack too? is it possible to meet Reni ingame?

also, how well are Avali in speechcraft? how easy or hard is it for one to learn a new language?

and, what about Hygiene? how do Avali go about cleaning themselves?

12. Dis_conected

Dis_conected Void-Bound Voyager

he's a mod mascot for rentek mod http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/rentek-renis-armory.65417/ here

13. MrMadmanx2

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

You'd be better off asking Reni :p

15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

AKA Dilrax here on the forums, just saying.

16. Dis_conected

Dis_conected Void-Bound Voyager

HAY RYUU i have a question that mite be a bit out of step with previous avali society based questions how.. is corruption prevented? within the government of the avali how is corruption prevented? i have my own theory but i want to hear your explanation :)

17. Jeffrey94

Jeffrey94 Master Chief

So, these fellas are back in the limelight. Great to see they're as popular here as they were back in the Spore days (maybe even more...?)

Been using it for a while by now, and there's some neat stuff! The aimable spears are a nice touch, and something that I hope gets added to the vanilla game eventually.
    I just have one little issue with the mod: the building materials are very very very delicate. It's supposed to be super strong, yet it feels like I'm building stuff out of papier maché. A buff to the materials' health/durability/whatever would be appreciated, especially to help mitigate accidental self-grief :p

Overall, great mod, will be using for some time I think. Keep up the good work!

Whitlinger Doodle Do likes this.
  18. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/rentek-renis-armory.65417/
    there's your answer

19. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

This was posted about not too long ago; Avali materials are weak to make it easier to take them down. I think it might be because the easiest way for non-Avali characters to get them is to tear down an existing structure to repurpose the materials.

20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

It's not really prevented persay, rather it's a matter of transparency and book keeping. Given their system is very reliant on precise knowledge of resources being supplied to a colony, and the nexus integration means that data is widely available, it's very difficult to siphon off those supplies without somebody noticing. The easiest method would be to make fallicious "loss" claims due to damage or mis-handling. But if they file too many of those then someone is going to show up and check why there is a disproportionate amount of damage or losses and do an inspection.

There's also less to be gained from corrupt behaviour given everyone has plenty of resources anyway
    D: - Ohai Jeff! (Why do i not have you on my steam list O,o)

The super-weak building mats were there as a matter of testing, I'd kind've forgottne i have yet to set the to proper structural integrity, thanks for the reminder xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.