1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

personally, I like the the idea to express yourself. I have a Male Avali that's dull with Neon blue highlights. but I like black and white mainly

2. Dis_conected

Dis_conected Void-Bound Voyager

*guy standing next to me* dude wheres your mined?
    *me*all over that back wall O_O
    *guy standing next to me*how did it....OH O_O

(now all you need is new tent pole designs

0deneb0 likes this.
  3. MrMadmanx2

how is work on the Opening cenamatics for the Avali?
    I have an idea that would fit the lore

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Cinematics are absolute bottom of the pile in terms of importance. None of the existing races have cinematics and we don't know if they may change how they are implemented. Not to mention they offer nothing to the gameplay for such a large amount of work

5. MrMadmanx2

I see. well, either way. I have what I think is an Ideal reason for why they left the planet, and even for a Respawn at that

6. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

so when will we see that respawn animat-
    *gets violently mutilated*

OmegaMinion, Fevix and Marxon like this.
  7. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Damn it, Ehks you ninja. I was about to make that joke. :p

8. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

and this is why i type fast
    so i can make awful jokes.

J_Mourne likes this.
  9. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Important in storyline terms yes. But there's no point having a story in a game, if there is no game

10. MrMadmanx2

1. I understand that. but the idea is open.
    2. if there is no game? how so? I can't see that happeneing

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

No, the idea is not "open". I'm a one-man team working on this project, and storyboarding and animating a full set of cut-scenes will take weeks. Weeks that right now need to be spent on things like colour options, clothing, remaining building props, an overhaul of the settlement and encounter tiles, a proper set of guns and upgrade system...

Cinematics will be added eventually, I have development all planned out, and I won't be rushed into working on content out of schedule.

12. Taverius

Taverius Phantasmal Quasar

@RyujinZERO:

Just finished trying 10 airship locations from co-ordinates thread, every single one has become an avali settlement.

I know I did find airships before you implemented micro-encounters, so this is a fairly recent issue - making it hard to find good guns tho. :)

13. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

And before anyone asks, yes, random people have tried their hands at the respawn animation before. They've all eventually shook their heads and gone 'lolnope'.

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Interesting. It looks like in the random number generator then, the avali settlements occupy the same index as the airships. Airships certainly *appear* but they are now displaced to another number in the generator.

15. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Out of curiosity, what are the parameters for the respawn animation? I'm kinda tempted to try it in paint.net or something, if only out of some sense of masochism (I'm not even a pixel artist or really ANY kind of artist). And what would it look like, anyways? Obviously, the Avali don't like cloning... People have mentioned an emergency beam-up or nanites, but I'm not really sure what, if anything, is canon right now.

16. MrMadmanx2

alright alright. I was just wondering if your were open to an idea. but I see your not. I won't press it more then that.

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

You mean like making it?

You're looking at ~120 frames of animation over 10 seconds in a sheet (.PNG, RGBA 32bit format), plus background/foreground/accesory layers possibly sound. the timings for layers and keyframes are set in a JSON file. In all it has more frames of animation than the actual character sprite, including male/female variants.

So far about 4 people have badgered me to the point they gave up badgering and tried to it themselves.

So far, none have actually made a working animation. I'd just advise people to wait until i do things properly, just like I advised people to wait on colourable props (and did that not pay off?). i honestly wonder how people continue to doubt in me like this.

Zenithcore and Silavor like this.
  18. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Wait, 120 frames over ten seconds? That's a silly framerate xD I was imagining something more like 300 frames.

Actually making it work in layering might be tricky, BUT I think I might be able to come up with a non-functional prototype. Still need to know what the animation might be, though. any hints?
    EDIT: Nah, Ryu, I don't think I expect you to use this. I'm doing it for my own entertainment.

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

My hint is to stop pressing me about content that is not time to go in yet :fireball:

Every time someone tries "helpinG" I have to micromanage them and that fucks with my own schedule. And I'm not going to fall for that mistake again, I've made it too many times already. I advise everyone goes back to page 1 and re-reads it, because I am getting kind've pissed off here and wondering why I even bother writing this when people just ignroe it and pester me directly anyway

20. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Sorry if it sounds like I'm whining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.