1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

By usual do you mean SHENANIG- *gets beaten over the head with a lead pipe*

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

*Whaps bonobo with a holographic newspaper... passes harmlessly through his head*

"Damn you technology!"

3. 0deneb0

Really, the bonobo thing again -__- Go google Deneb real quick.

Edit: just in case you don't want to google it, Deneb is the name of the brightest star in the Cygnus constellation, and 19th brightest star in the night sky. So no, I did not name myself after a monkey.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    OmegaMinion likes this.
  4. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

So you'd prefer us to nickname you Alpha Cygni? And make jokes about how your mass is 37.79 * 10^30 kilograms?

5. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Hahahaha! You'll never escape from this curse now!

Silavor, Marxon, J_Mourne and 3 others like this.
  6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

before i go bed, have a fruity guard, courtesy of dye mod

[​IMG]

[Too tired to insert a 'yo momma' joke here]

7. 0deneb0

If memory serves you started this, so now I shall nickname you Caboose, destroyer of Babies
    Yes, actually. I'd prefer that over monkey jokes. I don't even like monkeys.

Calabrese likes this.
  8. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

you start shenanigans and you dont expect a nickname?

Zenithcore, Icebelly and RyuujinZERO like this.
  9. Bast

Bast Subatomic Cosmonaut

Purge the unclean in flames :D? ( baps my Adeptus Sororitas fangirl side ) damn Pyro Nuns

10. 0deneb0

I was hoping for something a little funnier than a monkey. Also, I promised no more shenanigans. But as I said, I will make jokes about them at my own expense.

11. Kn4ck3br0d37

Kn4ck3br0d37 Big Damn Hero

Well the one with blue.... caps? do kind of look like pirates, don't they? I usually just check their chests and move on since they don't actually attack you when you come into contact with them. Stole a piano from the once although I doubt it was actually OWNED by them.

Had to once though. My Glitch friend "Erik Everhard" has a tentency to either A: Try to murder people or B: Try to murder people with the brain extractor so naturally I had to come to his defense.

This time around he wanted their dog but managed to cut it in half too while he was swinging his sword around.
    Hah, so Avali are to Agrarans what Krogan are to Rachni? Flamethrowers could be sweet.

Oh dude.. check this out:

Wrist-mounted 1-handed flamethrowers. You be grillin' while I be chillin.

Although flamethrowers are uncomfortable for humans to use and I can only imagine how it feels for an Avali.

Best nickname for them I've heard yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------

So quoting done, I actually had a question about weaponry.

Since they Avali have a wide range of vision, but poor focus, do they use some sort of audio que to help with aiming? Some sort of surround-sound interface in the helmet that gives off sort of a lock-on beeping tone indicating wich way they should adjust their aim to be on target, then give of a solid tone when they're dead-centre?

This may be answered in the wiki and I'll go check tomorrow but just wanted to throw this question out there before sleep because I find it an intresting subject.

I've always liked the sound of alarms and warnings, strangely. You know it's on when stuff starts to beep.

EDIT:

Great work on pushing the new update so fast and also..

Is dat sum new awesome idle animation for spears?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  12. 0deneb0

They have amazing hearing, almost to the point of echolocation. So yeah, they would probably use hearing to help them aim.

13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I haven't added it yet to the wiki described it like once before. But basiclly yes - at the simplest level they'd have an audio cue. More complex systems, like those used by infantry, have combined HUD/audio cues. So points of interest (known target positions, waypoints, allies) would have markers on the HUD representing their positions, as well as surround sound audio cues, which thanks to their amazing positional hearing, would give them a precise sense of distance and location to that marker. Turning to face a target in the HUD so it's aligned with their frontal focus, would bring up additional data about the marker, while their "bead" would also be rendered on the HUD and give an audio cue when on target.

Seems reasonable the HUD/wargear could also calculate lead-point for aiming under windy conditions, long distances, or against moving targets

OmegaMinion, Zenithcore and Calabrese like this.
  14. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Quick update: made a small change to one of the hairstyles so that the color band wasn't so dark. It's meant to be iridescent, after all. ;)
    avali_hair7.png

Updated .PNG below.

Attached Files:

• 17.png
      17.png
      File size:
      3.1 KB
      Views:
  15. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

I voiced it first, but that doesn't mean nobody else had made the connection on their own before ;)

As for the nickname, I had the feeling you didn't come up with that, so I Googled it.
    Hey, that sounds fun!

OmegaMinion likes this.
  16. 0deneb0

Yep, that sounds like Caboose. Also, I have never had anyone come up with bonobo before, and I've been using this screen name for what, ten years now. In ten years of actively pissing off trolls and dealing with annoying idiots over the internet, you are the first person to ever come up with that.

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Stop being a sour monkey (Ape, technically, Pan, to be precise). :p

18. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

and you tell him to stay on topic? :rofl:

19. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

Hey! How dare you make fun of him!

It takes a very compassionate sort to campaign for a cure to a cancer doesn't affect Avali, but dirty humans!

OmegaMinion and 0deneb0 like this.
  20. 0deneb0

It's almost midnight where I am, I am too tired to deal with this. Go ahead, snicker laugh and joke all you guys want. Get it out of your system. I am so done with this right now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.