1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

I find them misunderstood, but possibly evil. Only because of the fact that they (at least what I think) are based off the Cordyceps fungus, since (again, assuming here) they infect and take over hosts, and force them to migrate into pods to fully transform.
    oh well, we'll have to see where the devs go...

2. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah the agarans seem pretty sinister given all the parasitic implications.

3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

The Avali have better translator tech....

Not really. The Agaran's have special, per-race dialogue which the Avali are not covered for, which causes them to revert to their default racial language (floran). The bunny people (apex) do the same thing; oddly, the robots i the sci-fi lab (avian) do not do this.

Dolphinowl245 likes this.
  4. InADarkMirror

Probably because they only have combat dialogue and as far as I've seen they don't tailor what they say to what species they're fighting.

Calabrese likes this.
  5. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I can kinda confirm they're based on that fungus. That was an Apex medical lab if I recognize the layout. In it I found some fungus pods, and in a different building found two pods that had hatched. Methinks there be some Apex tomfoolery going on.

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

If the Agaran are based on some sort've cordyceps, then Avali biology is likely immune to infection ;)

This gives me an idea for a line of gun upgrades ;) (Flamethrowers and incendiary weapons for when they get called to arms to eradicate the fungal threat :p)

7. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Just like the Novakids.
    Except the novakids are immune for an entirely different reason.
    kinda hard to infect plasma with a fungus...

Whitlinger Doodle Do likes this.
  8. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

I was thinking about the most sensible choice in these cases (nuke it from orbit) when it dawned on me: do the Avali have access to nuclear energy sources? I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

9. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

flamers pls, pls pls pls, I want the option to torch an entire planet if I so feel like it

10. 0deneb0

Odd, the Agaron merchant still uses it's normal dialog.

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yes xD - They have anti-matter on farm (Their spacecraft are meant to use AM reaction drives for combat maneuvering, presumably also for compact power generation)

12. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Don't suppose this means we're likely to see orbital antimatter plants? Cuz an Avali space station would be neat. ALbeit, probably way beyond the scope of this mod. :rofl:

13. InADarkMirror

Just remember that antimatter is never useful as a power source, only as a fuel: it takes (at best) 50% more energy than you'll get out of a mass of antimatter to create it in the first place.

So you'll need proper power plants elsewhere to fuel the particle accelerators to make the antimatter to fuel/power the ships.

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Of course. I mean as a lightweight power source on a space craft or as portable power generation to keep mass down. I envision them use something more down to earth like fusion for power generation.

Calabrese likes this.
  15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I think I will take a brief little break from this thread, in all honesty I don't think I can positively contribute to it and keep to RyuujinZERO's standards in my current state of mind. When and if that will change I can no longer be certain.

16. 0deneb0

See you when you feel better man.

17. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

Hope things start looking up for you soon.

Have a good one.

18. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

take your time. we will be here(likely up to the usual)

@Ryuu you work fast. amazing work as usual.

19. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice! :)

I was secretly hoping I would have the copper vanity armor done in time for the next update, but realistically speaking I don't think I'll be releasing it until I have at least silver and gold armor done as well.

So some of the things we have to look forward to in the upcoming patch include:

• New materials (such as hexagonal blocks ;))
    • New placeable items (like sails (I think?) )
    • New weapons system (has weapons through tier 10)
    • Reworked weapon sprites
    • New hit effect
    • New vanity armor(s?)
    • Spears can now be thrust in any direction
    • Dye mod compatibility
    • Dagger-claw weapons
    • Adjusted rate of random encounters
    • Possibly new random encounters? (Not sure on this one.)​

Not an exhaustive list, mind you, but as much as I could remember/dig up.

20. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

Keep up the good work on those basic armors, last I saw copper was looking really good. (Wouldn't mind seeing more, if you've made progress, in fact.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.