1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

Ah yes magical sky meat. I remember you well. :rofl:

the bone dragon is a joke with that.

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Best enjoy it while it lasts. Once the weapon overhaul goes in, the firelance won't be available til ~tier 7 and have a tighter beam (Though it'll also be more potent, gaining actual wall penetration)

Calabrese and Shard of Sorrow like this.
  3. Arcalane

Arcalane Pangalactic Porcupine

The bike prop itself is a WIP, but if you just want the bike itself, the mod is linked already. Making a basic dummy/prop item from there is pretty simple.

------

Speaking of the bike shed, update;

[​IMG]

Fixed some errors on the bike sprite, fixed up holes in the storage rack, added lights to the storage rack, and added mini-displays.

Presumably the waveform display is for finetuning the engine sound, though it might be monitoring energy/temperature oscillations or something more exotic.

------
    This is why those seperate forums need to go up already. :p

4. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

So @RyuujinZERO I was going to ask a bit on how exactly the aerotech blades work in terms of damage control. When part of the blade shatters does the system at all work like sharks teeth, in the respect you have redundant rows of ready to use cutting edges? My impression is that it would start with making a column extend outward from the back of the hilt and be pushed forward once it reaches sufficient length by another multi segment column. I'm going to assume that the average short sword would use more than dozens of millimeter thick, interlocking segmented columns to maximize structural integrity of the blade as a whole, so it preserves at least some usefulness to counter another blade, if not slowly chew through it. Is any of this about right?

5. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I have an old rocket launcher that I converted into a massive wood bolt shotgun, that really gets the meat rain going.

On another note, is it me or has "it's raining meat!" Become one of the Avali race's first catchphrases that simply formed naturally. It has started to become synonymous with sudden good fortune, at least on the server.

0deneb0 likes this.
  6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They have lines of weakness across 2 axis:
    The blade itself (at a microscopic level) has aligned crystals with lines of weakness manufactured in it. As the outer layer cuts and wears, the lines of weakness fracture and allow fine sheets of crystal to peel off, exposing a new, fresh edge (But thinning the blade). The blade also has serrations like a box cutter, if enough force is applied or the blade gets thin enough, it snaps at the serration and new segments are forged at the hilt, pushing the remaining blade outwards.

7. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

Neat, just like self-sharpening shells, but not made of depleted uranium.

8. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Quite interesting.

9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Sorry you have to be the person I use to point this out but, when referencing a story line and lore and what part of it is genuine, the proper spelling is canon, with one N not two.

10. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

And when you read, you need to understand the context ;)

Rek was saying they looked like some of cannon... which they do. Some sort've shoulder launched cannon like the firelance.

Tremendo Dude likes this.
  11. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

apply cold water to burned area.png

Honestly, the Firelance looks like it should be mounted on a vehicle. Can you imagine threatening an Avali and all of a sudden they just lean across and pick up that monster?

J_Mourne and RyuujinZERO like this.
  12. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

13. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

If I recall correctly, the firelances are technically meant to be used with drones/power armour, not held up with your bare arms. It's a massive railgun, after all. Gameplay and story segregation, etc.

14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

The one time it's the proper use...

15. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Technically, it SHOULD. In the original lore Avali infantry use drones on battlefields as a sort've proxy gun, since the drones can be controlled via their neural augmentation. In early prototypes for the race i pondered them having a drone as part of their sprite sheet, and have that carry their tools and weapons instead :p

Eventually i plan to create a remote drone with that functionality, but that's a way off yet gotta get the core mod out there first

Sniped by @Silavor

Silavor likes this.
  16. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

That would be great! If only you could make Avali smaller as well, although I understand why that can't work.

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Silavor likes this.
  18. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

It'd require re-doing all the sprites, armour and problably weapons. It wouldn't be far removed from making an entire race again from scratch... so no xD

20. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

The problem with this trick is that dual swords can do it as well. It's my preferred combat style, actually.

Not as good at stun-locking as the daggers, granted; if the creature has a "Charge" attack it can break through, but given the increase in range the swords have over daggers, all-offense combat is a lot safer with them.

Based on the descriptions in the wiki, shields actually sound like they could be fun. But I can't see the functions the wiki lists for them (recoverable health from blocking, powerful counterattacks after a block). I guess it's like the spears with their fixed horizontal strokes, just another combat feature that's not quite finished.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.