1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I'm keeping to my word, no more shenanigans. That doesn't stop me from making jokes at my own expense about it though.

2. Myifee

Myifee Guest

Something I learned about being in the Navy: People RARELY EVER notice signs. Even when a hallway is blocked off, and signs are posted everywhere in extremely visible and obvious places, people still ignore them and plow right on through, ruining whatever work you had just done and force you to redo it.

Sorry, bit of a grievance. But it's still something you'll always have to do: deal with those who just do not and/or will not notice the signs and rules.

3. 0deneb0

I just checked the time on that post. Edited:3 minutes ago. Sneaky Ryuujin is sneaky :ninja:

4. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

the die in a fire bit is great.

5. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Even if they see it, it presumably doesn't apply to them ;)

There was an anecdote about lab safety, involving an NMRI scanner where an electrician working at a hospital was doing routine maintenance When he came to the NMRI room, the door was obviously covered in warning signs, but he assumed that those signs were there for the sake of the patients and lab techs, afterall, he knows all about equipment, what could those science nerds know he doesn't?

...well, bringing a metal step ladder into a 2 tesla magnetic field didn't end well.

6. 0deneb0

Hey, it wasn't there when I read the page before. There's a difference between ignoring signs and walking into a room before the signs have been put up. That said, I am still an idiot who should learn to keep his mouth shut.

7. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

So, how about them Avali claws?

Gratuitous Lurking and Marxon like this.
  8. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

How does one even eat with that thing on. Not that it doesn't look impossibly cool, but still.

EDIT: The more I look a it, the more it feels like birdie decided to decorate themselves with an orange slice.

9. 0deneb0

Yeah, the claws look epic. I may finally end up using one handed weapons just for these.

10. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you look closely you can see its beak under the right side of the crest.

11. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Yes, but it still looks as troublesome as eating with a big-ass moustache.

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Welp, at the end of the day evolution isn't so much about whether the design is a sensible one... it's about whether the design is better at making babies. It's just coincidence that there is a negative relationship between breeding, and being dead :p

Calabrese likes this.
  13. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

trying to get it to save as 32 bit in photoshop, but its not letting me make it into a PNG. hell, I open a vanilla shipblocks.png and photoshop shows it as 8-bit.

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

You may need update your export plugin for PNGs, not all programs that can export PNGs, can export in 32 bit format. (I use Painttool SAI, which asides from being my preference, has a 32 bit PNG export)

15. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, maybe it's 8-bit per channel and there's 4 channels... Argh I don't even at this point...

16. Taverius

Taverius Phantasmal Quasar

Nope. Had the same funtime exporting RGBA pngs for KSP, in the end I save them as something else (eg, TIFF, TGA) and the convert them to png with Paint.NET (its free).

Just make sure there's a single Alpha layer called Alpha for sanity.

17. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

I have a REALLY up to date version of photoshop, if you want to send me the .psd.

18. Myifee

Myifee Guest

The Avali calling card for that is mostly hormonal/pheromonal, correct?

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Not entirely. Males have those iridescent bands (Females arn't meant to use bright colours canonically, but Starbound doesn't allow you to split colours between genders), and both genders have crest feathers. Then of course there's no doubt having a nice voice/singing skill is considered attractive (If that seems odd, tell me humans don't appear to dig certain types of voice :p), which in avali is probably more important than visual cues.

Pheromones are of course a big part too no doubt (They are in humans too though we rarely realise or acknowledge it), but not the only cue.

J_Mourne and Calabrese like this.
  20. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do avali kiss?

(Humans kiss to exchange saliva so as to detect genetic compatibility IIRC)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.