1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

Maybe they are... QUICK! EVERYBODY ACT NORMAL!

Edit: Or just see the above post.

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

J_Mourne and Calabrese like this.
  3. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, I figured Featured was mods that could be considered for addition, and that this wasn't featured precisely because it was non-humanoid.
    though it's not like this mod isn't popular enough :p

4. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

this mod's download count is only bested by the extender and only matched by the novakid+ mod.

no other species mod comes even close.

5. Shard of Sorrow

Shard of Sorrow Pangalactic Porcupine

That's.. terrible and probably effective. : < Which reminds me, what kind of 'Punishment' does the Avali government put law breakers through?

...Phhffthah-... -Covers mouth.-

Wolverine just got a makeover and my god is it adorable.

I like this replacement for daggers a lot, far cooler and unequal.

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I havn't set anything in stone in that regard. However, their neural augmentation leads to some interesting possibilities, such as a virtual "prison" where the user has their augmentation slightly modified to "lock them in" preventing them logging out and locking them into a pre-defined sim for further monitorring/psychoanalysis and virtual incarceration.

I'd predict such a strategy may have a superior success rate than a conventional prison, as offenders can be constantly tested, monitorred and re-educated improving odds of them becoming a good little citizen after

Calabrese and Shard of Sorrow like this.
  7. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What about forcibly converting their brains into those self-contained cyberbrain units and sticking them on a shelf somewhere?

8. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Dear god. That's actually my nightmares right there. I hate feeling helpless.

9. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I should note that I suspect Avali crime rates may be lower than other races, partially due to a lack of "need" for resources (Much crime is driven by poverty). Secondly, whatever you do, your pack is watching over your shoulder too - making it more likely that a criminal suggestion will be over-ruled by the others and talk them down.

I'm pretty sure that rates as a "cruel and unusual punishment" :p

10. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You mean like this? (I already have plans for one based off of that image.)

So now I have 1 vote for each pattern. (Although, naturally, Ryuu's vote carries a little more weight.) I do have a slight preference for the one on the right myself, but I think I'll just have to test them out in-game before I can fully convince myself.

11. Myifee

Myifee Guest

And they're not Apex.

Good god I keep coughing and my lungs burn

12. 0deneb0

Isn't that outlawed by the Geneva convention :lolwut:

13. 0deneb0

My sympathies to you, I know the feeling

14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Not quite what i mean,t I mean simply making the sprites bigger and larger than life. I had a lot fo trouble with clothing as the bodies are too small to get much detail, but I realise now, the clothing is almost superfluous, the helmet is the real defining feature of starboard races. Likewise, I think the Avali could afford bigger, more outrageous hairstyles since the head and hair is really what defines each individual. Though now you point it out, nature also provides us with a good library of feathery hairstyles in form of bird crests.

15. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

i heard something about avali hairstyles
    i have one suggestion:
    afro.
    it would be glorious.
    especially if it could shake (though that would probably be more effort than it's worth...)

16. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

I give us 2 or 3 more pages until the weirdness resumes.

EDIT: I mean on-topic weirdness

17. Shard of Sorrow

Shard of Sorrow Pangalactic Porcupine

That's actually a really neat idea. Locking someone out of their body is a pretty good punishment.

This has lead me to one other question; Just how far would they go to locate a pack that went missing? For example; A pack was sent out to explore a new planet, but mysteriously disappeared before even arriving.

18. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Calabrese likes this.
  19. 0deneb0

Good going with the edit, I was about to take that as an invitation for SHENANIG *gets beaten over the head with a newspaper* alright, alright, no more shenanigans... for now :lickitung:

20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

*tap tap, points*

Calabrese, Silavor and 0deneb0 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.