1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shard of Sorrow

Shard of Sorrow Pangalactic Porcupine

Here you go, direct links.

http://imgur.com/T4r4FQ9
    http://imgur.com/3dhK2kx

Oo, yes please and much thank you. I really like the look of those, especially as a background.

Battle Bee likes this.
  2. Myifee

Myifee Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Battle Bee likes this.
  3. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

My only question for the broken ships is this: if they're busted, how are you supposed to get to an outpost or something to fix it?

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

You don't. The new tutorial requires you to obtain the materials to use the 3D printer to print out a new fuel module (Which is ruptured) in order to get your ship operational.

Marxon and Shard of Sorrow like this.
  5. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

this.

I love the new blocks by the way.

6. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

God damn, it, Ryu. I keep wanting to play Avali and you keep promising new updates with new shiny features. :p

7. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

YES! Nothing says future like hexagonal grids!

8. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Nice... I like those even more than the black metal panels! and those were nice wall pieces themselves!

9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Beautiful.

10. Kn4ck3br0d37

Kn4ck3br0d37 Big Damn Hero

A little late to the party it seems but I do prefer the trim on the weapons to remain grey and you color the whole thing.

Like you said before: Orange blade + random colored trim + your color would most likely turn into something that just looks awkward. Now orange blade and grey trim, then you have options.

And it would be nice to be able to color the whole armor in case you play with friends who don't play avali so you can actually match their color.

On the blade effect it looks cool. So does it function like the omni-blade in mass effect where it replicates the blade after it's been destroyed?

11. Anonfox123

Anonfox123 Pangalactic Porcupine

for the weapons I was thinking some sort of indicator light/paint stripe on the white part of the weapons, rather than coloring the handle parts. Looks a little awkward right now IMO. Same for the armor, but you'd possibly have different versions with different dyable parts.

12. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

This is my new background.
    Ah, finally, something that looks like it is graphene. Now I can just wrap my ship in graphene and sail around the universe, carrying out my dream, which happens to be acting as an incredible water filter.

Marxon likes this.
  13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

My turn to post a picture of my house on a super hostile but awesome looking cove-type world... i love that world archetype even if it's like avali hell.
    The underground farms produce ore, coal, plants and fibre, which are transferred and processed autonomously and transferred to storage. So asides from wood, pretty much all my resource manufacturing is automated :3 - and since it's underground, the surface still looks nice, clean and simple.

Yes, pretty much the exact same principle. Kind've unfortunate the avali scheme is white + black + orange, because Mass Effect has orange omni blades

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

OH MY GOD THAT'S SO AWESOME!

15. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Ah, so transferring from container to container in starfoundry does work.
    Also, why exactly do you have that chain of ejectors?

16. Arcalane

Arcalane Pangalactic Porcupine

Those are totally replacing the background tiles on my Danger Room when they're out.

17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

There's a stack of combustion generators for rapidly charging the battery racks (I use it to mass produce charged batteries as well as supplying the furnace). Coal from below is first dropped through the daisy chain of hoppers/droppers so that the combustion gennies can take first pick of the coal. Any surplus then goes into the same pipe as the ingot output so the remaining coal and ingots go to the same chest.

To force stuff to come out of a chest you just need to power the chest/pipe adapter

18. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Wait, no one's made a wood plant mod yet? :rofl:

19. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Gardenbot. That takes care of planting trees and stuff.

20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Gardenbot can harvest wood. But I was messing around playing a sort've super-hardcore survival game when I built that with some special rules I set myself to make stuff more extreme-survivalish and interesting:
    • Avali-hell-world as starter world.
    • No spaceship usage (Ship wrecked!)
    • No respawn
    • x1 palm tree seed to compensate for lack of wood on cove-type worlds (palm trees do not make extra seedlings)
    Asides from being water-type worlds, cove worlds also have no surface cobble, no trees, no fibre-providing plants. Only way to get cobble is to get to the second biome layer or further; but until you get cobble, you only have a matter manipulator which means finding natural caves. But being an ocean world, those natural caves are going to be flooded so... yeah fun! At any rate, with only 1 seedling I didn't want to entrust that to gardenbot ;p

Shard of Sorrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.