1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shard of Sorrow

Shard of Sorrow Pangalactic Porcupine

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Do want; in due time. Don't won't crazy increased workload on starships in middle of other development ;)

"RYUU WHEN ARE YOU GONNA GIVE THE AVALI BIGGER SHIIIIPPSS"

^ Every message from now til next year

All very well oohing and aahing but the avali arn't going to be getting bigger ships for a long time yet :p

3. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

sweet :rofl: don't know what I like more... the fact that you start out with a broken bucket of bolts for a ship (literally :giggle:) or the fact you'll get ships that level up as you progress from the game. Possibly... all of the above... I'm really looking forward to what the custom ship mods will do in the future when these things come around.

4. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm honestly more interested in how ships will now have species-specific ship-parts (teleporters, fuel ports, etc) and how that will allow avali ships to have that extra touch of avali flavour.

5. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, it did bug me how the avian ship had very clashing white/blue ship components when I play avians instead of the new gold/red.

6. InADarkMirror

Hopefully each ship type will eventually have unique species-specific background tiles eventually, like how the hylotl ship does.

7. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

I'm fine with it. /customshipuser

On the topic of colourable weapons and armor, my vote goes to white weapons with colourable trim. As for the armor, I'd have no problem with it being white+trim, or even darker grey + trim. As it stands now, though, it does look kinda off.

8. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

In all honesty, I actually prefer the default ship. Small and sleek.

Sure, I can't load everything I want on it, but it's hard to keep it looking nice the bigger it gets.

Now this interests me. I can dig custom ship parts.

9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I say colorable components because if I really, really want to color the white armor, I personally could find a way using the directives that replace the colors, and do it the hard way. But doing that for every weapon would suck.

10. Shard of Sorrow

Shard of Sorrow Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't want a bigger ship, I actually like smaller ships. So I am okay with that.

What I want is those Avian styled ship components.... also eeee, the damaged look on the ship is amazing, really really looking forward to seeing how we are to repair our ships.

HybridAir and J_Mourne like this.
  11. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Do like a chucklefish and outsource some content?
    (with practice I could probably make better looking ships, and still thinking of getting that tablet, if you have the info still I need it again so I know what to buy tomorrow :) )

12. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Outposts of course, first the outposts were revealed, then omni "leaked" damaged starting ships on a stream, it would only make sense they will tie together in an update. Unless they are going to start confusing us by unveiling far off content next to near future content.

13. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The amount of blood that is rendered in Starbound is such as to almost not be noticeable. (Which is why I actually forgot about it for a moment.) I admit that your effect has significantly less blood in it than the blood mod does, but just the same, I still think there needs to be less. (I also understand that I may very well be in the minority with this opinion, but I stand by it regardless.)

14. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

I like this amount of blood and I think it should be standard for starbound.

15. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Wait... there's blood in the game? I never noticed it at all... it must be so miniscule to me to have not noticed it.

16. legoracer

Yeah, it's literally like, only a few pixels.

17. InADarkMirror

I'm pretty sure that ZERO plays with the blood mod in addition to the avali stuff. You saw it in some of the old gifs he made showcasing the mod. I'm fairly certain his shatter effect doesn't have any blood in it at all inherently.

18. legoracer

I take it you didn't fully read Ryuu's response. (Which I was replying to.) The blood is part of the new shatter effect.

...which I will admit isn't too terrible compared to the amount rendered by the blood mod. Again, I just feel there needs to be slightly less.

19. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

may I ask why you feel this way?

20. Arcalane

Arcalane Pangalactic Porcupine

Good thing I just got done finalizing the Mark III overhaul of my frigate, then. :p

LARGE IMAGE AHEAD : http://i.imgur.com/49z7JbX.jpg (4371x1214px)

The techblocks are nice and all, but both those and the avali tapestry blocks feel too poofy and rounded compared to basically every other block.

Zenithcore, Anonfox123 and Marxon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.