1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

The current weapons do not. The next update (the version I am developing) are compatible, it's up to me to select which colours are fixed and which can be adjusted. Each item can only have 1 dye applied at a time.

Basiclly it's:

Dark grey components + Colourable armour + Orange blade
    Vs
    Colourable components + White armour + Orange blade
    Vs
    Dark grey components + White armour + Colourable blade

T
    he first case I'm more fond of, the second I can't say i am. The final was my original plan but there's a bunch've technical issues this rpesents (No coloured swooshes, no spalling, no transparent material)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  2. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

No! I want the colorfulest armor!
    My vote goes to the most colorable area you're fine with cramming in there.

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  3. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Would it be possible to have 2 sets of armor, one of which full-paneled with the dye mod, and the other only used highlights, since they are very cheap?

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Huh... what am i talking about. Both options would be available anyway once i migrate the old armours to the new system. Derp.

It would work yes, but i still don't care too much for the idea of making weapons white and only the trim dyable, it's like, the most restrictive of the options

Shard of Sorrow likes this.
  5. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

In that case, I'm for...
    Option 1, colourable armor. In the end, colourful armor is more unique and recognizable. That's why it gets my vote.

6. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

I like the colorable armor on the weapon, but I also like the idea of the trim representing the ore level...
    gaaaaah which one is better >.<

7. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Could you make the trim ore-colored and the whole thing dyeable?

8. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

Wait, is dyeing (spelling pls), technically a recipe like any other?

9. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

That could ruin the aesthetic with certain dyes on certain tiers. I think solid colours on the main panels is the way to go.

You're spelling it correctly. 'Dyeing' is to color an object. 'Dying' is to perish.

Never used a dyeing mod though, so not the slightest clue. Would make sense though.

10. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Rephrase: Could you make the trim ore-colored and the armor dyeable, while at the same time reverting the components to grey?

Or does it not work like that?

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yes, but:
    a) Armour is vanity, it does not have an ore associated with it.
    b) Ore colours are already very bright, hugely limiting the colour combinations you'd be able to use and not have the end product look like ass.

J_Mourne likes this.
  12. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

I'm fine with whatever you choose Ryuu. It looks good either way.

13. DarkusTheFirst

DarkusTheFirst Big Damn Hero

Not a mod as of yet...More of a species of mine that I'm trying to flesh out a bit more before trying to do any such thing.

14. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

I'm in agreeance with this line of thinking.

basically a work in progress (WIP) and to be announced (TBA) :p

15. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Oh, I thought you meant armor as in the white plates on the sword. Frankly, I myself think that if the trim on the weapons was dyeable and would overwrite the ore color, that would look pretty cool, even with full-colored armor. It does still look cool either way, though, so whatever you feel looks best I'm willing to go with.

16. Shard of Sorrow

Shard of Sorrow Pangalactic Porcupine

I kind of liked the original plan for the armor. but the idea of making two different sets for two different dyeing possibilities is a pretty nice idea. on one you could dye the plating, on the other you could dye the stuff that covers the body. (On that note, wouldn't it be cool if the three eye holes were also effected by the dye, For the one that doesn't dye the plating?)

As for weapons; I liked the original plan for Orange-white-black. So my vote remains on that.

17. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

Make a thread for 'em.

18. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@RyuujinZERO - About the new hit effect, is the blood part of that mod you have installed or part of your new effect? The reason I ask is that, even though it's not very much, I'd prefer not to have "blood" effects. (I'm sure I'm not the only one.)

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They're part of the new effect. Trying find a middle-ground - obviously custom hit effects are mutually incompatible with blood mods. So the custom effect has more blood than starbound normally does (Starbound renders blood on hits and kills too!), but much less than blood mod.) i personally like using blood mod normally (Given the cartoony, over the top nature of starbound, the cartoony, over the top blood suits it)

20. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.