1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

Totally forgot about Painttool... I remember someone recommended it to me before I got the tablet. Photoshop is generally confusing to use with the tablet (i can use Photoshop at an average level though, I'm taking a digital design class).
    Thanks for the advice though. Will greatly help.

2. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Yep... so much for actual virtual reality games, Oculus Rift would have opened up so many things for games now facebook has to go and ruin it all...

3. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

look on the bright side
    now we can play farmville in oculus ri-
    wait that's not a good thing in the slightest.

4. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

They have barely even purchased it, how could they have already ruined it? What makes you automatically assume they will ruin it?

5. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

Words cannot express how much I hate Facebook right now. Though actions speak louder than words...
    *evil grin*

6. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I was gonna make some snappy remarks about how we should introduce the facebook people to shadowhunter and convince them to call him cute, but that requires thinking and I'm too tired for that right now.

7. 0deneb0

They have the reverse Midas touch. Whatever good stuff they touch turns to :poo:. Also, an example is what Google did to youtube. I can easily see Facebook doing something equally horrendous to the Oculus.

8. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

The fact that the historic precident for facebook, is to cram their products full of marketting tools, social integration advertising and to force you to sign up to facebook. Facebook's history on gaming includes the likes of Farmville and Candy Crush.

Facebook is the diametric opposite of who the Oculus rift was aimed at; hardcore gamers looking for deep immersion. The kind've anti-social nerd who typically have the savvy to avoid using facebook altogether. While the 'cool social types' who hang out on facebook, wouldn't be seen dead wearing a VR headset. What facebook is doing is a bold move, risky, but bold and possibly wise - but choosing oculus rift specificlly, as their company for VR tech was a public relations disaster

0deneb0 likes this.
  9. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

It's truly facepalm worthy.
    They might not screw up for once...i mean, they probably will, but they might just put their name on it and not do anything else with it.
    if only.

10. 0deneb0

I don't care how good the games are, having to sign up to facebook to play them is a deal breaker for me. I refuse to touch the cursed thing. I second Ehks hopes that they take a hands off approach to this.

11. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

Hey, Ryuujin, did you want to put that picture of the high-tier weapons on the wiki yourself, or do you mind if I do that?

12. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I guess that now you say it that way... BOO FACEBOOK! I'm already kind of anti-everything-facebook, and like the deep immersion, but I also have not yet experienced an oculus yet so I'm kind of out of the loop.

13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Sure you can go do it :p

14. J_Mourne

Done.

I had just been editing the codices section on melee weapons when I saw that art, and thought "...we need that picture right here!"

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Right after I made this post, one of the darn birds finally found me and started puking acid on me, must have seen the white tail sticking out like a sore thumb.

0deneb0 likes this.
  16. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Hi, late comer. Something I was thinking was possibly making only the highlights on the weapons ore-colored, and leaving the rest orange/white. Something like this:

[​IMG]

Edit: Sorry, the image broke. Just open it in a new tab or something
    Edit again: Fixed it

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    RyuujinZERO and Marxon like this.
  17. J_Mourne

Huh. I could imagine that working. Assuming, of course, that the weapon sprites themselves have enough detail to allow something like that.

18. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

If it helps any, I think that your races "traditional" colored weapons should be tier 10, since once you get there you stick with it for the rest of the game. Up to the vote, though.

19. DarkusTheFirst

DarkusTheFirst Big Damn Hero

I apologize at my not as active role as I used to try to play, but things in the thread actually made me realize a fair bit of my own stuff needs works...So...I'm throwing a rope out and asking for some help. @RyuujinZERO I know I've asked before, but...Is there any chance I could brainstorm with you/ask for a few pointers with my race? Because I am trying to go for a harder science when it comes to them, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

So...Mind lending a hand perhaps?

20. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

i love that idea so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.