1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Would it be at all possible to weight the worldgen more heavily towards there being avali structures on ice planets? a 7% chance is already low, and if you limit that to only ice planets, then it'll drop considerably.

2. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Amazing! I specially like how you simulated a roof with stairs for the little house outside, and... is that a smiley face in the center of the building?? :rofl:

Shard of Sorrow and HiroRyusaru like this.
  3. HiroRyusaru

HiroRyusaru Guest

Yes, it sure looks like it xD Wait a minute ........IT LIVES!!!! :O

Shard of Sorrow and Calabrese like this.
  4. Taverius

Taverius Phantasmal Quasar

It would also make super-hard to get chits in alpha and beta mode, since we don't get the actual benefits of a low temperature ammonia-based biochemistry.

5. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Just tried to make a new Avali character, but upon loading him, I get a crash. Here's the relevant bit:

Code:
    Error: Could not instantiate item '[avaliarmor2chest, 1, {}]'. ItemException: No such item 'avaliarmor2chest'
      ItemDatabase::itemData(String)
      ItemDatabase::createItem(ItemDescriptor)
      ItemDatabase::item(ItemDescriptor)
      ItemDatabase::loadItem(Variant)
      List<shared_ptr<Item>, deque<shared_ptr<Item>, allocator<shared_ptr<Item> > > > transform<List<shared_ptr<Item>, deque<shared_ptr<Item>, allocator<shared_ptr<Item> > > >, List<Variant, deque<Variant, allocator<Variant> > >, PlayerInventory::load(Variant)::{lambda(List<Variant, deque<Variant, allocator<Variant> > >)#1}::operator()(List<Variant, deque<Variant, allocator<Variant> > >)::{lambda(Variant)#1}>(List<Variant, deque<Variant, allocator<Variant> > >, PlayerInventory::load(Variant)::{lambda(List<Variant, deque<Variant, allocator<Variant> > >)#1}::operator()(List<Variant, deque<Variant, allocator<Variant> > >)::{lambda(Variant)#1})
      PlayerInventory::load(Variant)
      Player::Player(shared_ptr<PlayerConfig>, Variant)
      PlayerStorage::init()
      ClientApplication::postSplashInitialization()
      ClientApplication::update()
      StarApplicationBase::run()
      _SDL_main
      _console_main

6. Taverius

Taverius Phantasmal Quasar

Found my first village! :D

Small settlement - one chest, no data chit for me:

Beta HD 20367 Ari 86 I a: 39038950, 38472745

7. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks like you have a bad installation of the mod. Did you remember to delete the old version before installing the new one or is this your first time using it?

8. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Yes. I'm not new to this. I'm using the latest update of the mod, and made sure to delete my version.
    My best guess is, when Ryuu was merging the chest armor with the leg armor when he overhauled the vanity system, he forgot to remove a few lines from the character creation file

9. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I can't weight the dungeons the chance of any given major dungeon spawning is equal to the next one. Basiclly:
    Code:
    100% / number of dungeons installed = Chance of spawning.
    However the spawning rules for cold planets is a little different and would drastically increase the chance of encountering them once that change is made.

It's physically impossible to obtain that armour to cause the crash O,o - While it's true that armour has been removed, there is no way to obtain it without cheating or editing. It's not available at character creation either
    Code:
          "shirt" : [ "maskchest", "avaliset1chest", "avaliset1bchest", "avaliset5chest", "avaliset5bchest", "avaliracial1chest", "avaliracial2chest" ],

10. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Congrats on your feature in the March newsletter! They're calling you a great explorer/hero!

We must celebrate...

Dolphinowl245 and HiroRyusaru like this.
  11. HiroRyusaru

HiroRyusaru Guest

Well...I think I have a solution for this (at least for alpha planets): You can craft with the yarn spinner a leather "armor" that as far as I know protects you from the low temperature on the snow planets, but its not a strong armor....

12. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ryuu's right. There's nothing in the code that would make that error possible.

The only other possible cause I can think of is an outdated mod. Which ones are you using?

13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Hmm, setting up fairly exotic projectile mechanics arn't as complicated as I thought they'd be. Next patch will look at properly working on the weapon upgrade station:

[​IMG]

Supposedly there is a new unstable to stable update in the next 24-48 hours, which is what I'm basiclly waitting on now for the next patch.

14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Ooooooh... Ahhhhhhh...
    Also you should read your mention in the march newsletter.

HiroRyusaru and Dolphinowl245 like this.
  15. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I saw it 3 or 4 days ago, you seem to be the last to notice :p

HiroRyusaru and Dolphinowl245 like this.
  16. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

O_______________O
    darnit google!

Dolphinowl245 likes this.
  17. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Also I must know how you are making gifs from video, because honestly, my method sucks.

18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

http://www.cockos.com/licecap/ - great little tool, very intuitive and simple

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

20. HiroRyusaru

HiroRyusaru Guest

Here in austria it will happen in the next hours if they really make the update today....BACKUP TIME I guess xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.