1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

this isnt a bug but my avili ship lags almost as bad as the human bunkers and apex bio labs even when empty. my comp isnt old. I have a very good monitor, video card, drivers, ram is at 8 gigs. I am wondering if it the mod or the game being in early beta. :confused:

2. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

Waaaat? I don't get this... does it have something to do with their body composition, and the chemicals they're made of react with the H20 molecules, causing them to heat up and dissolve?

I'm, um, taking Chemistry.

3. Deathedge736

their blood is amonia based adn at a lower temperature.

4. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

Water is liquid above 0 C. The avali body temp is around -20 something. Also liquid water reacts violently with ammonia. It would be like jumping into a vat of 50 C acid.

5. TheTrueUmbrakiin

Oh, I just read the wiki and it all makes sense now. Never mind.

What I have to wonder, however, is that since the Avali have poor eyesight due to a lack of an iris, and rely on their four ears for a dominant hearing sense,
    How would they be able to figure out what's what and where if they were listening to really loud music? Or of they had hearing damage?

6. Deathedge736

that would probably cripple them. it would have to extremely loud(if i understand their biology well). but it would be bad.

7. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Honestly, my guess would be that since hearing is their dominant sense, they have some mechanism to protect it from loud noises, just like the iris closes to protect our eyes from sudden high levels of light.

Though, a sudden noise would still probably be quicker than any protective mechanism, so flashbangs or similar (gunshots?) might work, if unexpected. If they were expecting it though, they could probably just face their ears away.

(EDIT): It also occurred to me that their home planet has a thick atmosphere, so their hearing will actually be less vulnerable to over-pressure waves when they're in an atmosphere with a more conventional pressure.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  8. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

anymore locations for avali settlements?

Starbound playa likes this.
  9. TheTrueUmbrakiin

You know that this would be very often among adolescent Avali, right?
    In other words, let's just hope that teenage Avali actually take care of their ears unlike today's teens on this planet.

10. Starbound playa

Starbound playa Pangalactic Porcupine

i dont know

11. TheTrueUmbrakiin

I remember seeing one on a Tier 2 savannah... But it was in a snowy sub-biome... So idk...

12. Starbound playa

me neither :confused: 20_1358694567l.png

13. Desolator

Desolator Pangalactic Porcupine

Is there a thread w/ locaations

14. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No. They're supposed to be a reward for exploring and discovering random encounters.

Calabrese and Starbound playa like this.
  15. Starbound playa

i think so but i cant remember

16. hydran101

hydran101 Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, but the chances of finding an avali settlement with the chits is a bit rare, plus do you think it is easy to find an avali settlement when your an avali char requiring to level up your own weapons quickly to survive int he dangerous worlds out there?!?! Also, if you manage to find one chit with the creative mode mod you can just dupit a billion times withthe duplicator

17. InADarkMirror

...so?

They're a reward for exploring. Right now that just means exploring enough to find a village. Eventually it will include random encounters.

And how the hell is "well if you use creative you can just make a billion of them!" an argument? If you're cheating with creative, you might as well just give yourself a infinite-power gun for all the difference it makes. It has nothing to do with the Avali mod.

Calabrese likes this.
  18. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

The author is working on smaller random encounters to get data chits from. This means in future versions you'll see them more often. Have patience.

19. InADarkMirror

I mean, the guns you can only find in the first place if you run across a town with a weapons merchant, and the melee weapons are identical in stats to the other species' racial weapons, so its not any harder to survive than it normally is.

20. TheTrueUmbrakiin

One does not simply craft an "Oracle AI Data Dump" without an Oracle AI to dump data from.

Marxon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.