1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Let's ignore the idea that they would be able to flip their feathers and just say it's impossible--There's still the potential of momentum holding the sleeve up while the arm goes down.

I understand that the strap would hold the center of the sleeve in place, but the lower bit of it, where it goes next to the feathers, would fold upwards. It's not like a feathery bird-dinosaur would be wearing thick, heavy clothing that can't bend, right? To clarify: The center of the sleeve AND anything towards the top (opposite side of the feathers) would stay mostly in place, but anything below couldn't be held in place by a strap. In the shown example with the leather(?) jacket, the strap connects approximately where the buttons(?) are. It would not serve its function if it were any lower down (it would be too loose), but the bit below the buttons could fold up a bit.

EDIT: I don't mean this to be argumentative, just trying to understand things a bit better, and stating my reasoning for my ideas.

Calabrese likes this.
  2. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Some of the people i haven't had a conversation with, and it happened to everyone's name, so it;s not that.

3. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have one word for you two:

Magnets. ;)

4. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

Interesting bits of information. I can hardly imagine life without being able to twist my forearm around... sounds as troublesome as not having thumbs. It is of course perfectly possible, but the Avali would probably have rather interesting ways of manually interacting with their environment if this were the case.

I don't know if I get what you mean. Are you saying that the open side of the U-section "sleeve" would be loose and therefore flap around while moving? If so, it makes sense, yes, and it would be funny to see how that would look when they jump.

5. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Seeing how much thought you've put into this race and your vision for it this may not be an option, but might I suggest that they simply have a slightly different bone structure than that of a conventional bird? Maybe even come up with a specialized joint that only avali have to allow for what you want?

6. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Windsocks or flag like things
    O___O

7. Shard of Sorrow

Shard of Sorrow Pangalactic Porcupine

Not sure if this was reported yet, -I didn't see it anywhere- but the new Trenchcoat vanity item is missing the crouching sprite, or that's my guess since it kind of just disappears when you crouch. And Table mesh is kind of strange, you walk up it like a stairway, from either side.

On a side note, I absolutely love the new jumping animation.~ It's adorable and fits in well.

8. Silavor

Silavor Pangalactic Porcupine

Tables seem to require you to pick them up, break up the blocks that were touching the table (including the backdrop), then place everything back again to work. Placing a table down in a spot that has never had any of the old avali tables placed there before allows the table to function normally.

Calabrese likes this.
  9. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Anyone still having that "lag spike" bug with the engine like I am?

10. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

The trenchcoat one is already known, I think it's been reported quite a few time. As for the tables, they problematic ones are most likely those that had been placed in the previous version. Craft and place a new table and it will not have this problem.

11. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

you aren't the only one... I've noticed it as well... I don't know if it's any mods fault or just the game engine, the chucklefish dev's probably have a memory leak issue or something else. Bad coding in the game files can cause memory leak issues as well as in game lag and temporary delay with a few seconds of lag.

12. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

It ONLY just appeared with the initial release of Enraged Koala, never had the problem in the past. So SOMEWHERE in that update to the engine is the cause of this freaky bug.

13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I only get it if I zoom out, the farther you zoom out the chuggier it gets (No surprise, more texels to render)

14. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

I expect the devs will nail down the issue down the road we are after playing a beta that's still in phase 1 out 4 phases. Issues like this are bound to rear their ugly heads.

Kawa likes this.
  15. Dolphinowl245

Dolphinowl245 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm gone for one day and the conversation went 5 pages? D:
    And Requiemfang, we're in the 2nd phase. (I think.)

16. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

I know right, it's slowing down...

Calabrese, Silavor and Dolphinowl245 like this.
  17. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

For some reason, even though it says it in a earlier update, the ship lights can't be removed. A bug, maybe?

18. Dolphinowl245

Ha ha ha ha, You're right! :DD
    You know what i love about the Avali community? How funny you guys are i always crack up when i see your comments.

Calabrese likes this.
  19. Dolphinowl245

Like my new profile pic?

Calabrese likes this.
  20. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

It could kill with cuteness alone.

Calabrese likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.