1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I'm going to try to force the game to recaculate it by changing the collision type to solid, place the tables, quit, then change it back and reload.

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I really cannot figure the cause of it at all I cannot replicate the bug

[​IMG]

3. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Possibly changing spaceScan to .08 will force a recalculation of hitbox.

I'm going to try this clientside.

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Likely related to the table glitch. Same kind've mechanism; an object is modified and it leaves a disparity in the collision layer

5. Machaeus

Machaeus Void-Bound Voyager

It's not installing for me...I unzipped the file, put it (meaning the resulting folder) in my mods folder - for Starbound - and it doesn't change anything on the character creation screen when I try to make a new character.

Do I have to delete my old character? And if so, how do I do that? If not, what is the problem? And no, I don't have modloader, or any old version of this mod, in the folder. It appears to be the most recent version.

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Obvious question but do you have a character creation extender?

7. Djinn

Djinn They're not goats, darnit!

8. Machaeus

Machaeus Void-Bound Voyager

Of course. Thanks, I'm new to Starbound Modding :p

9. rjryonnie

rjryonnie Subatomic Cosmonaut

i couldn't find my stock world gen only the mods should i place it somewhere?

10. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

open worldgen.config in wordpad, or notepad and replace the contents with this:
    Code:
        "__merge" : [
            [ "overwrite", "dungeonWhitelist" ]
        ],
        "dungeonWhitelist" : [ "avaliencounter" ]

Of course you want to keep a backup of the proper file ;)

11. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

So, I picked up my tablet pen and drew something with it for the first time in months.

I intended to draw some of my android/less-than-human characters, or something of that ilk.

Lo and behold, an Avali came out instead.

This is probably my first time trying to draw them with actual reference(sometimes I doodled them a bit when references were not available...), but I'm pretty sure I fudged up some design tidbits anyways. It's hard to understand all the little details based on only the two concept art images that I chose to reference from. ^^;

It's a messy sketch more than anything else, and as I already mentioned I'm sure some things are inaccurate, but hey, the fact that I was able to draw something at ALL is encouraging to me. =)

avali doodle 3-6-14 copy - smaller size.png

Mattyrogue and Calabrese like this.
  12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Woot. I managed to get random encounters for the avali working. So next patch you'll be able to encounter random Avali hunters and microdungeons in the wilderness.

...that's especially woot-worthy since common consensus was until now that it was impossible; or at least not reasonably achievable outside the scope of a full biome mod or without compatibility issues

I think it came out great whatever you say :p

13. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Random encounters? Oh man that's great!

Calabrese likes this.
  14. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

I made a new character since Nika was getting a bit glitchy. Meet Ikoli (eye-coal-eye), seen here rocking a stylish trench coat and chime wraps.

Icebelly and Calabrese like this.
  15. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

It's doubly great since that is how I always intended players to get the data chits. As a reward for exploration, rather than a reward for pillaging avali settlements ;)

Calabrese likes this.
  16. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

I like it. It's cute and looks pretty good. :p

17. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Guys, is there anything I can do to update two of my mods on my own? They're technically Enraged Koala, but they completely broke and give me errors when I try to launch Starbound after this recent patch that changed the architecture for mods...

18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I've decided to go ahead and add the props i need for another idea I've been mulling over for a while. For a time i thought i might make this sort've thing the Avali PRIMARY settlement type, but decided that'd be a bit implausible, but as a supplement to normal colonies and as wilderness settlements this'll be fun...

...wild mass guessing GO!

Well, what mods are they and what is the error they are giving (most improtantly, what does Starbound.log say)

19. Raieth

Raieth Ketchup Robot

Unless you have access to the old unpak'er you're kinda hooped. Any mod .pak'd before v6 update won't work.

What? Small abandoned tents left behind or the leftover crazy from a pack wipe out?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Nooo, well, yes i mean, obviously there'll be those too. But I'm thinking of a new (but related) form of construction. I'm confidant when people see the idea it'll really take off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.