1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

ALL OF MY YES!
    [​IMG]

OssomSagax and Dolphinowl245 like this.
  2. Starrypop

Starrypop Subatomic Cosmonaut

As the avali are more suited for colder environments, and their currently isn't an easy way (or any way) to add resistance to cold, mabye avali racial armor could have more warmth than the other racial armors

3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Adding cold resistance is comparatively easy. The problem right now is my favourite buzzword; parity - core mod cannot give the Avali preferential treatment for balance reasons in multiplayer servers. Eventually (as I've said more times than I can count :p) I'll have an optional add-on that'll give them their proper environmental resistances

4. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It'll probably be easier to worry about stuff like that once vanilla adds in racial armour abilities.

5. Ark Rotarl

Ark Rotarl Void-Bound Voyager

Another question I've been needing to ask is how one makes an "avali data chit"? n.n; Is it something you can't build till later with the robotics table?

6. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

IIRC Ryuujin stated earlier that they're found in Avali villages.

7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Correct, there's a small chance (~20%) that any given container in a village will contain a chit. That's a temporary measure at least until i implement micro-dungeon encounters and info terminals, which'll have a guaranteed chit, but will require exploration to find.

Ark Rotarl likes this.
  8. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

A lot of people in the reddit crowd are fanboi's or fangirls mentality who tend to blindly take sides with certain mods. IMHO a few months back there was a major feud between two modders in the minecraft community. Greg Tech and Tinkers Constructs. Also it's a proven fact that redditers tend to be a bit on the crazy fanatical side when they take sides... at least the people who can't think for themselves. As that old meme goes... Haters gonna hate. Seriously I wish some people would open their minds and horizons a bit and get their collected heads out of their asses.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  9. triggertried

triggertried Astral Cartographer

Then on the wiki, why does it say -30 degrees Celcius? Or is that just the minimal temperature they can tollerate?

10. Levrix

Levrix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

-33 is when Ammonia boils.....

11. Typical_Avali

Typical_Avali Void-Bound Voyager

In risk of looking like an idiot (Because I have not learned the fine details of Starbound yet), I have to ask. Do Avali villages have a higher chance of spawning on snow planets, or does it not matter?

12. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

It doesn't matter (yet)

13. Levrix

Currently it does not matter, however in the future that is expected to change.

14. triggertried

These pants... where do I find these pants?

15. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

Hello! I'm kind of new to the whole 'posting on the Chucklefish Forums' thing, but I've been following this mod for a few weeks now and I just want to say... thank you! I really love the mod to bits! The Avali are my favorite race to play as in the game right now. =)

My only regret is finding so many clothing vendors and vanity items from the vanilla that won't fit on the Avali figure. Seeing as they have a fully-custom sprite, however, it's quite understandable why they wouldn't, especially when you're focused on making other content that's actually more relevant to the mod.

I've been looking into the beginnings of basic Starbound modding, so what I have to ask is this... it's a question that's been on my mind for the past week, but it's only now that I've decided to actually post here asking it. So, here goes:

Do you think it would be possible to create alternate versions of the default vanity items without actually making them separate items? I know human and male figures often have different clothing sprite sets for a single item based on what I've seen in-game... so, more to the point: would it be possible to create a mod, dependent on this one, that would cross the bridge between vanilla vanity items and the Avali race? If someone could figure this out and would be willing to actually make it happen, would you give them permission to continue with the project? (I am aware that it is no simple undertaking and would pretty much require recreating all of the clothing sprites, so it would be a long-term project, and I'd have a lot of learning to do, but... that's just how much I love this mod!)

tl,dr; If someone were willing to create a mod or community project or something of the same ilk that allowed Avali to wear vanilla vanity items without them looking really weird, would it be possible and - if it were - would you allow that person to proceed making it/possibly eventually posting it?

I know that the default vanity items don't exactly fit with the Avali lore, but it'd still be pretty fun to be able to actually use all of the stuff I find, haha. I'd definitely have to practice my spritework and/or acquire some contributions from others if I even wanted to IMAGINE pulling this off...

The main goal would be to make most(if not all) vanity items in the vanilla game compatible with the Avali race, but maybe after that's done it could be fun to add in support for other costume-implementing mods. Who knows?

Anyways, that's that. Heh. Good idea? Bad idea? :'D Just thought I'd throw it out there. Even if not me, I'd love to see someone else pick this up!

16. triggertried

Gads is it just me, or did teir 5 enemies explode into beasts?

17. RainbowShy

RainbowShy Pangalactic Porcupine

Avali architecture is surprisingly hard, but rewarding.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  18. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Alas, there isn't a way to give outfit pieces an "alternative" appearance, I've been pestering the devs to give us a way to do that since day 1. An outfit made for humans and an outfit made for an avali will eternally be mutually incompatible.

I'm quite ok with (and even support) the idea of people trying make a "conversion" mod and would even help with the background stuff (like a workbench and recipes for converting human items into Avali items to give some flavour instead of crafting them from the outset). Obviously making that many outfit sprites isn't something i personally have time to work on when there's so much core stuff to do first :p - But if someone else did that I could help with implementing it into a mod, or even adding it to the core mod if they were ok with that)

Ark Rotarl likes this.
  19. Levrix

Ahh you beat me to it. :rofl:

20. OmegaMinion

OmegaMinion Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, has anyone been able to get the Avali Chairs (Cushions) and Beds (Pillows) working?
    I have already attempted the fix of breaking, and re-placing them, but they do not seem to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.