1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Hrm, maybe they changed how those work; AGAIN. *tests*

*facepalm* - i just told him how to change the quest code to be more user friendly, did he go and cock it up? xD

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  2. Nalkari

Nalkari Void-Bound Voyager

I hope its no big problem
    btw. the planet with the Avali settlement sadly has just an airship for me since the update

3. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I saw a post on tumblr saying something about beds being borked.

4. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

Great, another update coming in less than a day...

5. DarkusTheFirst

DarkusTheFirst Big Damn Hero

Its likely that all the worlds that would've had the update, but because you didn't get to them before then, the planets/spawns are all different. Even if they have the same name.

This also means the hunt for an Avali settlement in the new version will soon begin

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I've fixed the pillow/cushion, but I plan to hold off publishing an update with that until like tommorow night if you guys are ok with the cushions not working for 24 hours. Seems wasteful keep uploading minor hotfixes

7. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

i honestly see no reason why the team wouldnt.
    As a matter of a fact, several of the mods that the team added was purely because they liked the idea, and the mod itself was solid enough.
    Remember much of the community is hoping for a new race, and this is a very possible solution.

id also like to point out that while chucklefish is pushing for modding, they most certainly have shown no restraint on 'canonizing' mods of the community. Many times they have posted 'so what mods do you think should get added, and well see if we have time.'

8. vandorbelt

vandorbelt Subatomic Cosmonaut

I feel like a modder! I just edited the AM4 Firelance file so that it no longer has the bow projectile speed values and now has a more obvious maximum damage indicator. Now I just have to use these powers for good instead of evil...

9. LunaraGK

LunaraGK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having a similar issue, and not just with my avali, but my Hylotl too. Every time I try to select ether character for play, starbound crashes. Not sure why, the only mod I have in currently is the Avali race mod.

10. InADarkMirror

There is a big difference between adding mechanics and adding lore.

The Avali mod is incredibly lore-heavy and is really its own self-contained little universe; I really don't see the devs adding something like that when it would be far easier to just keep mod support at the current status of excellence and let the modders work it out on their own.

11. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

The problem I can see though is Avali does have one major reason for them to not get canonized yet, and that's because it's more or less unfinished, like all the races. Things like Skyrails were more or less complete, but an entire race like Greys or Sergal is a lot more details and bits then most mods they canon'd.

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

That might be the problem itself if your universe or character file still contains remnants of other mods that it can no longer access (try looking in your starbound log file)

Historially the avali mod always gets heavy downrating on reddit. Apparently the reddit crowd don't feel the same way as the chucklefish crowd :p

At any rate, there's a lot of practical issues with implementing such a large mod when contrasted to the mdos we've seen implemented, which are of much smaller scope.

13. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

The thing is, the Novakids were intended to be in the game, even before the mods were made.

14. vandorbelt

vandorbelt Subatomic Cosmonaut

That's because they don't appreciate cute fluffy raptors

OssomSagax likes this.
  15. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The only problem I see with "canonizing" the Avali mod is that it could potentially take control of it's development away from Ryuujin. I think the healthiest thing for this mod would be for it to remain just that: a mod.

I don't really see any benefits to be gained by "canonizing" it, either. (Other than making it a little easier to start playing with them, but really, it's not that difficult to install a mod.)

16. Ark Rotarl

Ark Rotarl Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if this was noted or not, but aren't the ship lights supposed to be removable now? They won't budge for me. Also, was the removal of the ship doors intentional or just forgotten when the ship interior re-write was done?

17. Milly Rainbowskittlez

This is why i stated when it was finished. However this will still be an issue if they decide they want to do race updates after release, as they may want to have the modder work on that, else they might balls it up. which is always an issue xD

this is true as well, though it is still possible, but most likely not until after beta, and most certainly not before the mod is released.

also at reddit. as much as i hate to say it, its most likely just a bunch of furry hate, as usual. that or its just that they dont like the fact that the race isnt very humanoid. I honestly think they should break from the humanoid race bindings. I would love to see tentacle monsters as a playable race >:3 ... stahp looking odd at me >:c

Ark Rotarl likes this.
  18. InADarkMirror

Again, while I certainly wouldn't object to the Avali being canonized, I don't hold any illusions about it being "the most likely", and seeing people constantly toss around that term irks me. Don't get your hopes up, is all.

19. Milly Rainbowskittlez

hrm... I see where youre coming from, and you do bring a good argument.
    There is one thing i would like to clarify, as i did use 'most likely' a bit loosely.
    When i said that what i meant was if they were to add a race mod to their game that this would probably have a high chance, which i do hope they decide to add, but only when the mod is completely finished, and ryuujin is ready to possibly lose control of it.

meanwhile ryuu has a massive ego boner. 'theyre fighting over whether my mod should be added or not -sniff- its beautiful~♥'

20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.