1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

RyuujinZERO updated Avali Race Mod with a new update entry:

0.5 - Now with over 9000% more sssssssssssssssssstab

Read the rest of this update entry...

Time to see what this patch broke...

[​IMG]

(Yes, the hammer has an engine in the back of the head... and a guidance system. Because f*ck that guys facial features)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    OssomSagax, Kierran and shinyarceus4 like this.
  2. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

avali_bug2.jpg
    Where's that brown coming from? Doesn't look right. :/

3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Probably a misconfigured palette option, looks like the 3rd colour on 'stone' is brown rather than blue-grey. I'll fix that now your pointed it out. (I have so many different assets to juggle, and less time than I'd like to test all of them, which is why bug reports are helpful ^^)

4. shinyarceus4

shinyarceus4 Pangalactic Porcupine

Bungie be suin' over that hammer.

5. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Psht... Battle Angel Alita would like a word with bungie

6. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, I tracked it down and patched it on my copy. Haven't tried out the weapons yet, but I look forward to it! :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  7. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I like the weapons so far. Hammer will probably be one of my favorites.

8. StevieTheTv2

StevieTheTv2 Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason even though i installed it the way the mod says to it wont let me select it. In the character creation i only see its clothes the actual character is invisible. Ideas anyone?

9. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

First port of call is the log file (starbound.log in the root folder), that'll give you some idea what might be up, you can attach it here and I can look it over.

Secondly, what other mods are you using, it's likely there is a conflict

10. StevieTheTv2

I thought that it was a conflict too so i uninstalled all mods i had and tried it again and it still didnt work. I tried it with the Interface Overhaul mod as well as the simple extended character creation mod. For the root folder, is that supposed to be in the main directory because i cant seem to find it.

11. Mobius

Mobius Big Damn Hero

is there anything about the Ancient Avali?

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Nah, it's not something I've given much thought to. There may not be a great deal of archaeological evidence left either given their planet has a largely water-ice/snowy surface and the problems that brings with it (nowhere near as stable as rock, tends to move and deform much faster and so settlements need to built to either have adaptive mechanics in their foundations, or to be replaced regularly), otherwise structures tends to get uplifted, deeply buried, flipped and crushed in relatively short spans of time. Ancient stuff tends to end up miles beneath the surface over time.

The only "known" stuff is that they were highly nomadic in their early history and have cultural similarities to desert nomadic populations on Earth (bare in mind that while their world is an iceball, temperature is relative, and they prefer to live in the planet's hotter, more arid regions. So by their worlds standards they are actually desert dwellers), likewise due to a lack of permanent structures a lot of history from back then is from oral tradition and likely grossly inaccurate. In more recent history (~300 years)there's some existing lore, but that needs to be reconciled with starbound's setting first and will likely be retconned.

I have to say I'm flummoxed, I don't see how the clothing would show up, but not the character sprites, unless you'd done something awkward like unpacked it into your assets folder and over-written important files.

13. Mobius

Mobius Big Damn Hero

Interesting, I tend to get curious about Ancient histories of each race when I get to the point that I should just literally learn a reasonable amount of history with them. Considering, if I can find an elder who is allowed to tell history in the bunch which is not really likely(Not literally, it was just a bit of humor from my character)

I wanted know a bit deeper between the relations of avalis and humans on Earth(First contact), but I'm going hold that question until this mod comes to it's finishing point because I don't want to choke for more info too much when it's not complete yet

14. StevieTheTv2

15. StevieTheTv2

Oh one more thing, i tried adding another new race, something completely different and i got the same result. So it isnt your mod i think its something to do with Starbound on my part.

16. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Sounds like your installation is messed up; probably a missing or damage .frames file. Have steam verify your files

17. Starhowl

Starhowl Phantasmal Quasar

I saw you mention to someone on the reviews that one of the Avali racials would be passive cold resistance? I gotta say, that's auspicious and very fortuitous to me; I love hunting down tundra and snow planets. They're the most comfortable and pleasing to me :D Looking forward to that!

18. stardust7671

stardust7671 Pangalactic Porcupine

How do you make the cellpods for the armor?

1John5vs7 likes this.
  19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Um... cellpod? - You sure you're not looking at another mod's armour?

Awesome :) - They have a different biology to most races and are adapted for cold worlds, it's possible I may set their colony spawning rules so they only appear on tundra and snow biomes.

20. stardust7671

stardust7671 Pangalactic Porcupine

sorry i thought it was your armor what is the avali armor called so i know for future refrence

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.