1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teron Gray

Teron Gray Void-Bound Voyager

Perfect, as it's pretty much what my friends and I already do with the couple sets that already exist.

2. Tokoshoran

Tokoshoran Pangalactic Porcupine

I dunno. THey seem kinda digitigradal, "boots" is such a plantigrade word. Shin-guard type things, only for them it'd go onto their foot, would make sense. I'll see if I can show you what I mean.

3. bjorn0411

bjorn0411 Phantasmal Quasar

though i agree on you should do it the "new" way, you arent completely right, it isnt a win-win situation. in fact, it might make youre life much harder, as there is always idiots who doesnt understand. and will ask you "why doesnt my armor show up". and who knows? maybe they will even lower ratings because of it, just like you dont have a respawn animation.

but as (dont judge me if im wrong, i dont know if this is right or not) JFK once said, you cant please all the people all the time, you can only please some of the people some of the time.

4. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Armour set
    http://yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.com/

5. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

RyuujinZERO updated Avali Race Mod with a new update entry:

0.71 Now with, well... any loot.

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I already covered that. But if I built everything around the lowest common denominator I just wouldn't make a mod. Because there are still people out there trying to install the mod with mod manager, even though mod manager's have been un-nessecary since irritated koala, and I explictly state 3 times that it is not compatible ;)

The very concept of a mod is more than they can handle, so to make it as friendly as possible I'd have to not make it at all

7. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

8. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yeah I'd recommend not doing it the old way with crazy long lists of pictures. Just use a table or something with the different attributes the inserts have :p

Same should probably go for the weapons

9. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Ill fix all that, i started realizing it was quite a mess.

10. LordHylium

LordHylium Void-Bound Voyager

This is cheating, I know, but does anyone have coords to an Avali settlement so I could see what it looks like? That would be much appreciated.

11. LordHylium

LordHylium Void-Bound Voyager

Damn, Ryuujin, you're on a roll with these updates.

12. triggertried

triggertried Astral Cartographer

Is it just me, or did the armor inserts replace the other Avali armors?

13. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They did, yes. However you can get the old visual appearances for 1 pixel from the spinning wheel (this update only, in future they'll have complicated recipes)

Icebelly and triggertried like this.
  14. Tokoshoran

That.... was kind of the intention. He removed the visual armors and made it just inserts.

15. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

Server Updated.
    Thank You.

16. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Fixed up the first Tier 1 weapon, do you like that better Ryuujin?

17. triggertried

triggertried Astral Cartographer

Huh... I thought it would be the Nano loom but... thats cool. (Hints to add them to nano loom.

But am very glad that you didnt get rid of them completely.

18. vandorbelt

vandorbelt Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think you mean:
    [​IMG]

19. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Small bug: there is no way to craft the Soldier's chest slot in the yarn spinner.

20. artan6

artan6 Orbital Explorer

Ok sorry to bother everyone here but i have been trying to get this mod to work for awhile with no success. I play starbound with my fiance and my good friend i got it working on his and my computer both are pcs. when i put it on the girls mac however the race doesnt appear as a selection. I have properly extracted the files to the mods folder and we all have novakid and that works fine any ideas? on a side note when my buddy makes an avali and teleports to her ship he is completely invisible

21. Tokoshoran

[​IMG]
    This is what I meant by the guards. They might not even go all the way to the bottom of the foot, simply having a strand tying them on.

It could certainly go up further than the heel, with a segmented feel (though it would be hard to show segments in pixel art) so that it can bend as the heel does (for those unfamiliar with digitigradal feet, the heel is that part that's bending above the guard in the image, not the part below it. Digitigradal means only the toes touch the ground).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.