1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Stellar! Pretty long one as well.

2. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Dunno if anyone's suggested this before, but here's an idea. Something that would be handy and would fit in well with the Avali's nomatic yet technological nature:

- Autotent: Drones will construct a tent for you. Basically: something akin to Base-In-A-Box/Madtulip's landing pods, but instead of a pod or a square room it constructs a tent. first tier is rather lackluster: it's just a small tent that has just enough room for a pillow and a cooker. But you can create bigger ones at other tiers, eventually making one that's big enough to be its own self contained base, as well as different types (a tall living/embassy style one or a longhouse type one, etc.)
    To make another autotent you need all the materials it creates (right down to the last nanocanvas), allowing you to effectively "pack up" the tent and put it in a box.

3. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

out standing I must see. I can picture it perfectly

4. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Are there any planet/biome types that are more likely to spawn the larger Avali settlements with merchants? I'm about to enter sector X and so far I've only found single tents of Avali. I only have the option of crafting meelee weapons so I'm trying to find a settlement to get a gun =3

5. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Icy planets spawn all villages. Good luck.

6. RandomVintage

RandomVintage Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Found a problem with the hit-box on the interlocking door. It acts as if there's a 1 block high wedge on the right side of the door.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  7. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Already reported. To be fixed with next update, I believe.
    Not yet, actually. That's still in the currently-on-hold structures update.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  8. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Seeing the preview of the new "staff" weapon, it just appears to be a charge-direct fire weapon, like the firelance basically, be interesting to know if it applies any conditions or is just a "gun with a different sprite"

Marxon likes this.
  9. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

seriously though man, monocles, think of the classiness

10. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

But they're more like bionicles, since you have them on both eyes when you turn left or right!

11. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

yes but you can only see one at a time

12. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

You mean they take it off and switch eyes every time you turn around? :p

[​IMG]

legoracer, Kawa, Shaadaris and 5 others like this.
  13. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

yes, great idea, make it happen!

14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

The best reply is always a sketched one.

Shaadaris likes this.
  15. k7avenger

k7avenger Void-Bound Voyager

Pardon me if this has been asked before (search didn't turn up anything on the matter), but is there a reason why the guns for this race cut off at tier 4 instead of continuing on as the melee weapons do? I'm aware that the current sector system is a placeholder of sorts, but you made the melee weapons for higher tiers, why not the ranged ones as well? I like the overall aesthetics the Avali gun's have going on, but it seems a shame to never use them again once you get past a certain point.

16. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

I believe the reason is the same why the cosmetic armor does not continue, he simply hasn't implemented it yet because it is dependent on mechanics that are liable to change before the final release of starbound, thus making him implement them twice, or even three times

J_Mourne and RyuujinZERO like this.
  17. Neleos

Neleos Title Not Found

Random lore question: I guess there is less then 0,9% Oxygen on Avalon, because, you know, Methane and Oxygen (Edit: and a heat source) do stuff :p right?

18. Kii-Gwan

Kii-Gwan Master Chief

I made a tent ship... no big deal

Attached Files:

19. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

that looks dangerous, pretty sure the lack of airlocks constitutes an OSHA violation

20. Kii-Gwan

Kii-Gwan Master Chief

added a force field generator.

Attached Files:

Surge likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.