1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiajinn

Kiajinn Sandwich Man

First of all, loving the Mod.
    It is very unique in pretty much every aspects, I particularly love the tents!

I'd like to suggest some improvements to the ship that could perhaps be implemented.

The lack of any solid walls/floors like in the vanilla ships bugs me to no end.
    [​IMG]
    As you can see there is a distinct border to the areas that can be built in, that the Avali ship lacks.

Here is capture of a few issues I noticed on the ship art.
    [​IMG]
    Most of it seems to be issues/oddities with layering/masking I think. such as background tiles clipping through the floor.
    Though the one at the front of the ship I just feel is section too thin to be floor hull.

Also perhaps Avali art for the Ship Locker and other Ship Consoles could be added.

Unrelated to ships and has probably been reported already, Foot Lockers if found and collected seem to be remembering their original inventories when placed.
    I was able to clone loads of Avali Chips and there was also one with Pixels inside.

Thank you for developing the mod, I hope you find my feedback helpful!

2. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

This is a great mod.

3. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Actually vanilla ships have this same issue. Try filling your ship background with dirt or other materials with uneven borders and you'll find they clip the borders of the ship too. The main difference is avali building materials feature complex border rules, whereas the normal tiles tend to not make much use of the border feature. This then comes down to whether avali building material should utilise complex fancy borders, or whether they should be plain squares

Intrebute likes this.
  4. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

personally, I love how they look. the bigger the plain squire frames looks amazing. though my OCD kicks in when a few of the avali blocks colide with each other in certain ways. I am sure you noticed them, and will fix them. so I am not worried

5. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

If you mean how certain borders overlap each other, that's actually a flaw in the game engine, omni's working to resolve it.

Marxon likes this.
  6. Csonic6

Csonic6 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I only have 1 problem when it comes to this mod
    I built a home on a tower at a Avali settlement but monsters keep spawning (I don't mean just 1 or 2) on the tent and dropping down and killing the npcs (lucky the merchants are ok)
    Either the guards need to be a bit stronger or need to find a way to stop the monsters from spawning.
    btw where can I get that white lance you have in the little animation on the mod page?

Attached Files:

• STAH.png
      STAH.png
      File size:
      490.8 KB
      Views:
  7. MrMadmanx2

the white lance was an odd model and was replaced

8. Csonic6

aww but that looks awesome... oh make it a legendry Weapon with burn effects

Btw I love how the block borders act, the soft tapestry when placed makes it look like I have carpet hanging over the original floor
    and how nanocanvas and tech panel work together (as you can see in my pic above) gives it a unique feel compared to the other building blocks in game

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  9. MrMadmanx2

that's up to Ryu

10. Csonic6

Of course, and how the mod has turned out so far im sure I'll love anything he'll add/remove/modify to the mod

11. silverwolf12501

silverwolf12501 Yeah, You!

[​IMG]
    can someone help me, I can't seen to get Starbound running. it starts find until I load my guy. can anyone help me please? http://sta.sh/0euguwlmgdz

12. Kiajinn

Kiajinn Sandwich Man

I think your problem area is in the middle where the railings are and all the open sky areas. since there are no player placed walls, creatures can spawn.

13. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Be sure to post the logs as well, immediately after you suffer a crash like this. It's the easiest way for Ryuujin to trace the cause of an error.

In the meantime, you could try double-checking the main page to be sure you're not accidentally doing anything that could cause a conflict.

14. MrMadmanx2

that's the problem. Silverwolf is my brother. and I posted that for him. I do not know how to find the Error log, let alone post it

15. MrMadmanx2

never mind, it found out how to fix it.

16. MrMadmanx2

how do I find the Error logs?

17. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

it should be located in steam/steamapps/common/starbound/starbound.log along with starbound.log.1 to starbound.log.5
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

See this really amuses me, right? The file's "starbound.log", but you call it "starbound.txt" because you can't see the .log part. There is of course no such file. But at the same time, and this really gets me, you didn't notice that it doesn't look like a .txt file at all. What is this, the ILOVEYOU email worm?

tl;dr: enable file extensions, everyone. It'll help clear up a lot of things, Starbound-related and otherwise.

19. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry my bad, it still registered as a text document. My mistake for associating all text documents as .txt
    I need to further my research before posting anything here also edited the previous statement

20. MrMadmanx2

ok

Info: Preparing Star::Root...
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    Info: Client version 'Beta v. Enraged Koala - Update 8' Protocol: 643
    Info: Running from : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound.exe
    Info: Starting from the title screen
    Info: Initialized SDL
    Info: Initialized SDL Video
    Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: Loading Star::Root...
    Info: Created initial window 1287x346
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: Re-created window 1303x746
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '..\starbound.config'
    Error: Exception raised during Root finishInitialization: VariantException: Variant not a list of size 4 in variantToVec4B
    variantToVec4B(Variant)
    LiquidsDatabase::load()
    Root::reload()
    _Function_handler<void (), _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()> >::(_Any_data)
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    Error: StarException: An error occurred during loading: VariantException: Variant not a list of size 4 in variantToVec4B
    variantToVec4B(Variant)
    LiquidsDatabase::load()
    Root::reload()
    _Function_handler<void (), _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()> >::(_Any_data)
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk

ClientApplication::postSplashInitialization()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.