1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali Race Mod, The second thread!

Discussion in 'Races' started by RyuujinZERO, Apr 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I installed better merchants jsut to see if that might be related (Doubtful, but knew was one mod you'll definitly have I don't) but it's still working fine. I also tried both tier 1 and tier X zones, just to check it's not a specific list that is bugging out.

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It's not a BM conflict because that uses better_merchant.npctype and does not modify merchant.npctype in any fashion. It's also not an issue with the sector, as only the weapons merchant changes inventory based on sector and I was crashing with all three inventory lists.

I have no concrete idea what happened, but I will get to the bottom of this...

3. RainbowAvenger

RainbowAvenger Void-Bound Voyager

Okay so what do I do to fix this because the reason I posted this was so that somebody would tell me what to do about this. If one of you guys need me to send some files then okay. Also I didn't get any sort of message after the game closes.

4. RainbowAvenger

Where do i get Avali guns do i craft them or buy them from merchants?

5. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

buy them mostly. You can unlock recipes to change one of the guns at least from merchants too.

6. RainbowAvenger

Can u tell me where there is a planet with Avali Merchants or is there location different for everyone?

7. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Weight of the Sky

It depends on the mods you have installed. Usually, yes, the merchant locations remain constant.

But we don't have any collections of coordinates (that I've seen), so you're on your own. Just keep in mind that the tier of weapon will be determined by the tier of the planet. If you're trying to make weapon stands, you'll want to search the Alpha quadrant. If you want high-end weapons, search the X sector.

8. ECC

ECC Big Damn Hero

SInce I have only ever used avali on a modded server, no, I can not tell you locations. sorry

9. RainbowAvenger

Well i have a lot of mods so chances are my locations are probably different.

10. RainbowAvenger

K it's cool.

11. Mackinz

If you're not opposed to spawning your own Avali merchants, then there is a link in my signature which leads to the post where I linked to the AvaliMerchants plug-in.

12. Lazurkri

Lazurkri Star Wrangler

err...what signature?

13. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

You have to turn signatures on in your profile settings.

14. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

pants.png
    Falling frame, slightly different colors, only still present on set 5c. Just wanted to point this out nicely.

15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

pants.png
    fixed by editing single band of colors.

16. Mackinz

The one you can enable under your Control Panel.

Anyway, the link is here.

17. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

Ryu, I have been thinking on foods. is Puri fonds a kind of grain plant? like wheat

18. Lazurkri

Lazurkri Star Wrangler

Whats this for?

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

They're actually meant to be more like terrestrial barnacles :p

You're no doubt familiar with barnacles - the nasty little calcite based critters you get on rocks at the tide-line that apparently exist for the sole purpose of skinning your hands and knees as a kid when climbing over rock pools - what you might not realise, is that when they're underwater, in their real habitat, they put out little feeding fronds:
    [​IMG]

Piru of course are nothing like marine barnacles, other than the fact they have a filter frond and a defensive shell - they have more in common with plants than barnacles. The idea is that piru barnacle fronds contain a structural complex not unlike some terrestrial plants (glutenous), which when ground down can serve a similar role to flour, even if it comes from a very different species. (The alien nature is to underline the fact photosynthesis is very inefficient on Avalon, so the local flora gets its energy in other ways, piru are probably methanogenic)

J_Mourne likes this.
  20. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

when you dye that set, parts of it won't dye due to the fact some of the frames had stripes of a slightly different color.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.