Avali Nexus the 12th: Fluffified Zodiacs

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Corosar, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

IIRC the only thing that happens is a fly hitting the windshield.

2. gonzogonz

gonzogonz Phantasmal Quasar

// HEHEH! ask inbox attack!

3. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

// I already went through them all :cool:

4. Myifee

Myifee Guest

*meanwhile never gets questions anymore unless she points it out*

5. Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

//Yes! That's the only thing of interest...though this year a mad genius invented a device, which the chat praises, that's essentially turning a wheel of punishment with one neutral but annoying feature and two good ones but the bad ones...oh they make the drive so much more interesting. The good ones are autopilot and cruise control, neutral is autohonk and the horrifying ones are reverse, low gear, lefty, veer and slippery.

//Graham, one of the founders of DesertBus and LoadingReadyRun said this is the year of the crash.

6. gonzogonz

// i know you pointed it out but there you go!
    // also you have like 800+ answers.

7. Corosar

Corosar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

//there you go finished up : 3

8. gonzogonz

// missed one.

9. Corosar

Corosar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

//nope

10. gonzogonz

// yep, ya got it now.

11. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

//*falls flat*
    //bleh.......this is what happens if you whole day maths.....
    //*random gibberish*

12. Myifee

Myifee Guest

*Niha suddenly looked up, scanning the darkness around them.*

... Something got into the city.

*Niha wakes Reks up, but covers her mouth, pulling her to one of the large pillars on the side, doing the same for Yol*

Shh. Do not speak. Make as little noise as possible.

*Niha pulled one of the ceremonial syhkras from the main altar. She checked it: the blade was sharp, even if it was a decoration piece, and looked around*

---

*Niha caught a glimpse of a purple flicker. She immediately jumped back as a beakhat leapt at her from it's perch. The creature was massive. Standing on it's hind legs at nearly twice the height of ceilan, it flicked it's tail back and forth, preparing to whip at Niha if she tried to flank it

Niha waved the tip of the syhkra back and forth in it's vision, the beakhat's eyes never leaving the blade until it focused on Niha once more... Which was her opening. She flashed the blade out, hooking the khat in the neck. The creature shrieked in rage and pain, far more agitated than hurt, twisting it's body and lashing at Niha with it's tail, quils bristling with toxins and bacteria.

Niha danced away, keeping the syhkra between herself and the khat at all times, twisting and spinning as she dodged it's lashes and forearm strikes, until a lucky blow knocked the syhkra from her hands. The khat rushed her, trying to keep her off balance, before a dozen bolts sprouted from it's neck and head. The khat howled weakly as it stumbled back and crashed, it's lifeblood bleeding onto the ground as Reks helped Niha up, a skeletal-crossbow in her hands*

My thanks to you, Reks. I have not seen a beakhat in Jeiun before.... And what is that design? It does not exist on Celarra.

*Reks patted the crossbow and collapsed it after ensuring the khat was dead*

I got a bit anxious on my way to Celarra, so I fiddled with a design for a bit. I came up with something that is very easy to store, but looses a bit of it's durability...

But the better question is, how did the khat get in the city? I thought there were deterrents and sensors in place all over the city.

This part of Jeiun is old. I live here, and very few militia patrols travel through the streets. It is completely possible that some of the sensors have stopped working, but after I report this incident I do not suspect that will ever be a problem again. It is good that you killed it, Reks. Beakhats do not like leaving if they claim territory. And they are smart enough to learn ceilan ways by observing them. Someone would have eventually been attacked and killed.

That.... I don't like killing. I just... Want to lie down for now.

As you wish. My home is not far. Come. I will let you rest as I report the beakhat, but I will leave mentioning you out of the report aside from being my accomplice. I imagine you do not want the attention, no? Good. Come with me, then.

*Niha ushered Reks and Yol on, getting them comfortable in her home before reporting at the closest militia office. It wasn't long before the story was spread around the entire city about the incident*

------------

I really need to learn how to do fight scenes better. Oh well.

I'll do a sketch of Niha with Reks, and Niha's home after work tomorrow, so look forward to seeing SOMETHING from me.

Also, a bit of explaining: The temperature of Celarra is moderately warm. On the surface AKA canopy, it is a nice and crisp 80 degrees F in human terms. The temperature drops as you go deeper in the forest, becoming arctic-like on the forest floor itself. While the floor would be far more comfortable than the rest of the planet for avali, travelling there is NOT advisable. It is the most hostile part of the planet, rife with danger from the absolute lack of light (even luminous creatures are seldom seen here).

The biggest danger are the pits. They are large antlion-like plants that burrow into the ice covering the floor, wait for something to fall into their pitcher-plant mouths, then close, trapping the poor victim inside as they are digested.

Key thing to note: Conventional weaponry is very ineffective on the mobile flora. Shooting a plant isn't gonna do much to it for you.

Ehksidian likes this.
  13. gonzogonz

// i know that feel... how many hours/lessons of it in a string?

14. SCN-3_<NULL>

//*raise hand from the floor*
    //rushed my assignments
    //*falls flat again*[DOUBLEPOST=1416324335][/DOUBLEPOST] finally.png
    the question is how soon?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Feathery Dust likes this.
  15. Myifee

Myifee Guest

News!

I am drawing.

BETTER news!

I'm drawing traditionally. I have FAR more control over what I want. So even if my phone camera sucks (it's actually decent), I hope you guys will enjoy it.

16. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

((Finished class early.
    Hello everyone.))

17. Feathery Dust

// Ehkscellent!
    // Welcome back from hell.

18. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

((Bah, it wasn't that bad. Just...not much to do.
    Just a bunch of rock(headed folk)s around.))

19. Feathery Dust

// But isn't class a synonym for hell?
    // HAVE I BEEN LIED TO MY WHOLE LIFE?

20. SCN-3_<NULL>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.