OOC Avali Nexus OOC

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Avali Nexus, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timtimthe2nd

Timtimthe2nd Big Damn Hero

I might come too.....Wren needs to do more than eat canned food all day.

2. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

So am I still lying there or...?

3. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

Oh, right! Someone should get you to the medbay.

4. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

Okay, brain dying on itself again...Sirius left the room and ran into Wren and Corona, which says they're in a different room altogether, and yet they seem to be bending the laws of time and space to interact with both Sirius and me at the same time...

Also, Corona's a shapeshifter? Is this something Transdimensional Dragons do standard (the RP Info page just has Biology and Culture sections and nothing on any superpowers they might have - and I at least checked the Biology paragraph)?

5. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

Corosar is a major exception to the laws of this universe, since she comes from a different one altogether.

6. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

Fair do's, but what about everyone else? Are they all in the same room or...?

7. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

It's unusual - Coro has an external apparatus that allows it. Said apparatus came from Coro's own dimension as well. Said apparatus only works for...specific people with whacky DNA. Right now, only one other person in the RP (that we know of) has that, and it's Ehks - who was born human, kidnapped, and turned into an Avali by a completely mad scientist.
    the scientist died when he tried turning himself. was not pretty at all. lots of mental scarring. 0/10 would not recommend trying that as a means of learning you could potentially have a different body, especially when it leads to a (only recently realized) case of body dysphoria if plopped back into human form.

8. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

If weird B-Movie science is a part of Starbound then sure, why not I guess :badpokerface:

Now in addition to feeling lost, I feel that by trying to make something as close to canon as possible I've gimped myself somewhere along the lines.

So even if she can bend reality enough to appear in two or more places at once, what about Wren? I mean as far as I know, he seems fairly ordinary and oh god my brain I think some of my synapses just died.

9. Silverotter

The older parts of canon are a bit... weird. Some of this stuff is so tied into the rest of the story that we can't retcon it, at least not in a sane way. Coro herself holds up a good-sized proportion of the story with those powers.

The thing is that this all originally started with shenanigans. It took quite a while to move into the realm of stable canon, and some of the backstory people made was when said canon was still in the process of fluctuating. You will find weird references here and there and occasional slip-ups set in stone by the miles of posts below it.

10. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

At least, not without going nuclear and resetting to zero. Which I can understand nobody wants to do after 100+ pages.

11. Silverotter

It is MUCH larger than that- this began in the original Avali Nexus threads and has been going on for... how long now? Let's see... at least 1/4 of a thread was RP, we've had ~21 of those, and 500 pages each, and compensating for parts of the RP that are now defunct (like the asylum RP)...

Yeah massive retcons are out of the question.

12. Timtimthe2nd

Timtimthe2nd Big Damn Hero

Just FYI, I walked into the med bay after eating. I think I wrote it too, but in case I didn't, I did walk into the med bay, so no bending of the time and space here, sorry. ;)

13. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

Huh. Yeah, definately out of the question unless you really do want to kill this thing with fire. Which nobody does for that reason.

Wait, does that mean there's ANOTHER OOC thread that's 500+ pages somewhere?

Okay, so I got Wren and...just Wren?

14. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

No, no. Most of the IC/OOC was all put into the clan thread.
    Only recently we moved to the RPG section of the forums.

15. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

I see...

16. Silverotter

YES I GET IT YOU ALL WANT TO KNOW WHAT MYSTERY GUY IS BUT WAIT UNTIL GALAXION IS THERE SO YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY.

17. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

Wait, what? That's...not what the above conversation was about. At all.

18. Silverotter

It wasn't related to the above topic. This is linked to the RP thread, remember?

19. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

Yeah, but there's no quote. So it reads like you're just yelling at me in full caps over something I didn't do.

Actually, speaking of RP has anyone seen Corosar? It's been a couple of days and he/she hasn't replied. I'm concerned. Did they take a leave of absence?

20. Silverotter

And where's Gonzo? I thought going to this planet was his idea and he wanted to do something here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.