OOC Avali Nexus OOC

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Avali Nexus, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

Nah, we just overreact.

2. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

Then if it's not too much to ask, please don't do that again guys. It's rather scary when it happens.

On another unrelated note (for those who missed it) being unconscious I'll be skipping over the firefight until I wake up in the medical bay or some other convenient time. I'll only be posting in the IC thread right now if you guys move the body or use it as a Bullet Shield or something.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  3. Timtimthe2nd

Timtimthe2nd Big Damn Hero

My bad, I was confused about whether or not we landed. We Americans have a tendency of overreacting too, so sorry for any grief.

4. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Z-Saber
    one of Null's weapon is very similar to Megaman Zero Series' Z-saber and I'm not sure any of you guys are okay with it appear there cutting up the tank issue, or there's always its green mechanian commando comrade's 40mm shell could do.

Edit okay nvm there's no tank, one would be still cool though.

5. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

Good news everyone! I got paid in today, so I finally took it upon myself to pick up a copy of Starbound (though this being good is a YMMV thing).

Bad news? The link on the Avali Wiki takes me to a dropbox download that was last updated a year ago...and doesn't work. Anyone know any alternate links I can use?

EDIT - Scratch that, Dropbox could have had a better indicator of when things had loaded. NOW ONWARDS TO EDUCATION!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  6. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

Wait, Dropbox download for what?

7. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

8. Silverotter

9. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

That's...what I found out after about fifteen solid minutes of poking.

Good thing Steam has a refund policy now.

10. Silverotter

There is an updated version. Check the mod repository.

11. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

I checked. Scrolled though Race Mods down towards the topmost option. Directed back to that same mod.

12. Silverotter

Wait, what? Did you go to the old repositories? Avali Triage is right there in the new one!

13. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

I did check the race repositories, and I did find the Avali Triage. Right there on the front page however is a link directing to the Offical Mod...with a very hard to miss Outdated sign.

So unless the download button contains a more recent version and not the exact same mod, well...

EDIT - So I downloaded the Avali Triage file and...well I'll never know. After being sat on the loading screen for about five minutes, the mod refused to load. So I went back, saw I needed a race extension mod to make it work...and then it didn't work then either.

If you can hear it, that's the sound of me bashing my head on a wall because I'm either screwing up "install mods to the mod directory" or I've just wasted £15.

14. Timtimthe2nd

Timtimthe2nd Big Damn Hero

I have no idea where to find this mod, and no idea how to even install it....... :(

15. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

Here's a link.

Also so people can try figuring this out with us, here's a screencap of my mods directory.

Attached Files:

16. Silverotter

CLICK THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON. THE OFFICIAL MOD HAS HAD NO UPDATES IN ABOUT A YEAR.

EDIT: Thank you.

There should be a race extender mod, but check if your archive had a dirty extraction (i.e. folder you want inside another folder).

17. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

I cleaned that stuff up. As best as I can tell, the folder ODB2CCM_White installed correctly (as in I click it and I get a folder called Interface and the .modinfo file), but the character menu doesn't change. I also installed said mod again...and was unable to tell if it worked better because the charecter selector mod hasn't changed for some reason.

18. Silverotter

Try another extender?

19. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

Still no dice for whatever reason unfortunately. I'm gonna take a break, go smash my head into a wall for five solid minutes, then I'm going to go try a couple more extenders.

If nothing works, apply head to wall several more times until numbness kicks in.

EDIT - I've now tried all the Race Extenders. I'm not having any luck there either. I'm thinking there might be a much larger problem at foot...or the Machine Spirits are just being extra pissy today.

20. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

Are you putting the zip files in the folder? Because that doesn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.