OOC Avali Nexus OOC

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Avali Nexus, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

Of course most natural polymers dont fall in the "plastic like" polymers, it's the synthetic polymers that are made to be "plastic like" or just plastic,

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  2. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Welcome to Let's Discuss Polymers and Artificial Arms with your hosts Alpha and Otter and Umbrakiin and Joe maybe? I dunno my eyes kinda glazed over half-way through.

3. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

For future reference, I'm an asshole.

(Mostly because I'm an otter)

4. Coritus_Jones

Coritus_Jones Ketchup Robot

Well, okay then

5. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

*cogugh coUGH HACK WHEEZE...*
    Gah...

6. Silverotter

1. The polymers are fairly sturdy, and will last longer than you.
    2. All it really takes is detaching the poly-muscle from the nerve extender and the bone, and replacing it with a new one. Most manufacturers mass-produce humanoid muscles. Otherwise it's special-order.
    3. All it takes is careful hands and the right kind of screwdriver, unless you have one of those expensive commercial models where the bastards bolt the muscles to the skeleton. Yes we still use screws in the future shut up
    4. Polymers are far stronger than normal muscles, and don't tire out.

7. TheTrueUmbrakiin

Awesome, thanks. Now I know what's in Sirius' suitcase besides extra ammo and an extra mask.

8. Silverotter

Oh yes, and

INTEGRATED SENSORS.

On models for those ages ten and up (it really messes with neurosignals otherwise) the muscles have damage, heat, pressure, and other sensors built inside. These all connect through said nerve extender, which is otherwise used for controlling the muscles. Most models will produce normal pain, but any street technician can easily modify the on-board I/O to shunt the pain to any percentage.

9. TheTrueUmbrakiin

That is just amazingly cool.
    I'd probably have the pain turned down a tad for Sirius, as he'd probably need it that way.

10. Timtimthe2nd

Timtimthe2nd Big Damn Hero

Really, guys? We're really discussing this like it's a thing? Why do I feel like one of you has spent WAYYYYY to much time thinking about how these work?

11. TheTrueUmbrakiin

It was kind of neccesary. Sirius actually has replacement arms, and he'd need them adapted to his former line of "work". Didn't want to give him something non-compliant, either.[DOUBLEPOST=1432749257][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, it's good to have things worked out in case you're asked something about said thing, which is how the discussion started.

12. Timtimthe2nd

Ahh, well.....I can understand that. Anyway, why is it that the RP sped up again, then proceeded to slow back down? Why can't it be active all the time?

13. TheTrueUmbrakiin

Lack of ideas/events, schedules, people waiting on other people...
    Iunno.

14. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Mostly this.
    It happens all the time in any RP - activity is variable. I'm staff on another text-based RP, and it shot up in activity recently, after some time where there weren't many posts.

15. Timtimthe2nd

Are you referring to the Nexus RP? Also, if you need more staff, I may be of assistance.

16. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

No, I'm staff in this one.

17. Coritus_Jones

As I said before, I don't post much because I have no idea what we're trying to achieve or work towards, so I kinda just wait for other people to do stuff so I can work off them

18. Timtimthe2nd

Cheery place ehks. Just reading the introduction..........Cheery.

19. Coritus_Jones

Oh dude I still play with my old bionicles. Fun times![DOUBLEPOST=1432751800][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess bionicles had a lot more details than I was aware of. There are different races?

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  20. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

hee
    Toa, Matoran, Turaga, Vortixx, Skadki, Makuta...
    there's a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.