RELEASED Automate *

Connect machines and chests to automate them.

1. DaniellobatO

DaniellobatO Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Exactly! I'm Brazilian and my English is not good, sorry ...

FalseZangetsu likes this.
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@FalseZangetsu @DaniellobatO Are you sure that's caused by Automate? Automate doesn't do anything to the machines and chests besides adding input and removing their output.

• FalseZangetsu

FalseZangetsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

when i tried to replicate it again with a few of my various Automation sets i couldnt get a repeat of it, so it may have just been a random error. I'll be on the lookout for if it happens again and report back if it does.

• Uzurk

Uzurk Void-Bound Voyager

This Mod is fantastic, thank you so much! What would be super cool is if you could place a chest in front of a door to a shed (or barn/coop, etc) and that chest would connect to all machines inside. That is probably way more difficult than what it's currently designed to do, but would still be pretty awesome. Either way, keep up the good work!

• simdebster

simdebster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I saw that this mod was updated for SV 1.3 version concerning not automating a chest, but I am not playing on the SV 1.3 version because I do not want multi-player functionality. Is it possible to include this update for the SV 1.2.33 version? I frequently place chests around the shipping bin for storage and I do not want the items automatically shipped. I used to use FarmAutomation-ItemCollector and I really miss that mod.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Uzurk Thanks for the suggestion. I do have a feature planned that would do that, though there's no timeline for that one yet.

@simdebster Sorry, I'm not updating my mods for Stardew Valley 1.2 anymore. Hopefully Stardew Valley 1.3 will be out of beta soon though, so you can get all the mod updates.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Automate 1.10-beta.6 is now available! (For Stardew Valley 1.3 beta only.)

Release notes:
                • Added optional connectors (e.g. connect machines using paths).
                • Fixed bee houses ignoring flowers if they're not on the farm.
                Letting players connect machines using paths is one of the top-requested Automate features. The new connectors option lets you treat any path, flooring, or object as a 'connector':
                [​IMG]

Automate doesn't enable connectors by default; see connectors in the readme for more info. :)

Last edited: May 31, 2018
                • DaniellobatO

Pathos, first of all, thank you for implementing the connectors! This can finally make me gather my batteries in a single trunk even scattered across the farm without obstructing the way, but in some future update can we just connect machines only by floors?

UPDATE:
                  Floors like connectors do not automatically update on the "U" screen, can it be considered a bug? Just leaving and returning to U, happens to update the floors.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DaniellobatO Making machine chaining optional isn't currently planned, but I could add that option if enough players want it. The machines not updating when you change paths is due to a limitation in SMAPI's events; I'll implement a workaround in the next beta so they update correctly.

• Gigadroid

Gigadroid Void-Bound Voyager

Sweeet. Could you help add this connector feature for SDV 1.2 as well? @Pathoschild

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Gigadroid Sorry, I'm no longer updating my mods for Stardew Valley 1.2. It's enough work just maintaining one version of each mod. Hopefully Stardew Valley 1.3 will be out of beta soon, so you can use the new features too. :)

• Gigadroid

Oh nooooooooo I really hoped it would be just like CJB Automation in the old days. Hmmm do you have any suggestions on an alternative? @Pathoschild More specifically looking to link the 6 mushroom stands in the FarrmCave to link to one chest.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Gigadroid You can do something like this in the meantime:
                            upload_2018-6-2_2-33-11.png

• Gigadroid

@Pathoschild MY GOD I FORGOT IT WORKS DIAGONALLY TOO.
                              So in the pic you're using the preserves jar because it will push/flow to the chest? I'm wondering if that's the cheapest 'push' container?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep. Some suggestions:
                                • Casks are cheap once you have access to the Secret Woods (20 wood, 1 hardwood).
                                • Preserves Jars only cost basic materials (50 wood, 40 stone, 8 coal).
                                • Looms are good if you have pine tree tappers (60 wood, 30 fiber, 1 pine tar).

• Gigadroid

Thank you so much! They basically perform just like a connector as long as the flowed materials can't be processed by the respective containers right?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep. The main advantage with connectors is that you can choose something that's cheaper and which you can walk over.

DaniellobatO likes this.
                                    • DaniellobatO

I would use a seed maker in place of the preserve jar, we can make fall seeds this way with the common mushrooms.
                                      They can be used for planting or being sold, given and seen that occasionally one can get more than one seed, and also elder fruit seeds as a toast! Turning into seed, it is exponentially more lucrative.

This push is
                                      NOT the cheapest but I believe it to be the most profitable if you analyze your function well:

* Multiply the value of common mushrooms by turning into seeds that can be sold or planted in the fall. You can even use gardem pots and plant the seeds right there in the cave or some other space ...

* Get some ancient seeds.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
                                      • Gigadroid

@Pathoschild Gahhh I can't do itttttt. I keep thinking

"omg SDV 1.3 has proper connectors and you're over here using these shitty connectors that you can't walk through and it looks like shit just move over to v1.3."

"but isn't it like super buggy and in beta"

"but connectors man connectors it's like a chill version of Factorio mannn go V1.3"

Is v1.3 pretty buggy compared to v1.2? I see v1.3 being updated frequently which to me seems like there's a lot to fix. So I'm wondering if it's too buggy to play as single player.

@DaniellobatO I think that's already straying from the purpose of a basic connector since it's modifying the items along the way instead of just transporting it. Cool idea though for maximizing space but I'm currently looking for a simple connector.

• DaniellobatO

Well, Pathos has given you the simpler alternative, you can trade the preserve jar for a recycle machine, it works the same way, it uses an iron bar instead of coal ... But really only go up in 1.3