1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Aug 14 livestream in 7 parts

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Calris, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

omg, this was fabulous :love:
    sadly its making me crave the beta exponentially more.
    i mean, you know theyre doing things right when theyre basicly doing the same crap as in a new terraria game, but you still find it more exciting !

2. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

Agreed. Thing is, even in the unfinished state Starbound has currently WAY, WAY more polish than Terraria ever did. Just look at those animations :rofl:

3. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

So far, one of the best things said in the stream: They're working on implementing a second inventory pouch for ores/materials. This means we'll have the normal inventory for stuff, and then one for ores, which they'll automatically go into.

Less inventory clutter equals love, so good news for all ya'll hoarders. :eek:

4. ShadetheDruid

ShadetheDruid Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok, cool. :) Maybe i'll check it out, after i've shot some people in the face for a bit (in a game, that is ;)).

5. TFGoose

TFGoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I saw that too and was massively pumped about it. Inventory management is one of the things I was actually a bit concerned about for this game, but a completely separate "tab" for ores/materials will really help with that I think.

6. ZanVaelius

Agreed. Inventory management was a mess in Terraria and it is great that devs are trying to make it waaay better.

7. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

everything was so awesome, and i loved how they just derped around doing random stuff :D.
    also, now i don't want to build a house anymore, ill just find myself some random camp and live there :)

8. Phyrex

ill do the opposite :p
    im gonna make my own house and expressively search for one of those camp and completly plunder EVERYTHING from it !

9. TFGoose

TFGoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ya, this is more my style. I also think it'll take absolutely all of my willpower not to pick up every single one of those boxes, crates, and tents.

10. Suhr

Suhr Astral Cartographer

Thanks to the guy who put this video together. I was really bummed that I missed it and couldn't find a recording anywhere. Anyway thanks again.

steveman0 and Wolfedg like this.
  11. Phyrex

:rofl: thats word-for-word what i was thinking when i watched the vid. "damn, im gonna have to work hard to resist picking every single crate/tents i see"

TFGoose likes this.
  12. ShadetheDruid

ShadetheDruid Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't bother trying to resist the urge, I just do it. Upside is with Starbound, you can just send stuff to your ship. Hoarder's paradise. :p

13. Phyrex

open up a thrift shop on a multiplayer server :rofl:

Pingeh likes this.
  14. ZanVaelius

REcettear - An Item Shop's tale : Starbound Edition? :p

Regal Kain, Ner, Pingeh and 1 other person like this.
  15. Flameofice

Flameofice Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't know if this qualifies as necro'ing a thread, but I have 2 bits of information from re-watching this footage.

1. Ores are actually laid on top of blocks, instead of being them. The upshot of this is that if you mine an ore, the rock/dirt you found it in is still there.
    2. "Underground wilderness" mini-biomes exist. They're basically caverns with trees and other planets growing in them.

Just needed to get this out there, because there are people who care.

EDIT: Also, flashlights are powered via your energy pool. You can't use it infinitely.

16. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

naw ofc it doesnt.

also, my flashlight isnt infinitely powered :cry:

17. Quenton

Quenton Phantasmal Quasar

Excellent. I tried to send a link of the original stream to an impatient friend. Sine Tiy doesn't record his streams it was gone by the time he got the email. Now, we've got something solid.

18. tylerjw16

tylerjw16 Master Chief

Where should I be looking for these streams. I wanna watch them live but don't know what sites to check for them.

19. ZanVaelius

Don't know the exact channels but the devs are streaming on www.twitch.tv

20. Curse Starwind

Curse Starwind Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for the videos.

I honestly thought i had Windows Media Player open when he landed on the first planet because i was just listening to that song. The soundtrack really is amazing, much more than i would have expected from a game like this.