Modding Help Armor Texture does not load

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Grox100, Apr 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Grox100

Grox100 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[Problem has been solved]

Hi Guys. I have been trying to make a mod for one of my 2 favorite games series I played a long time ago.
    Already did a gun on raze with a crafting table for the mod and textures for the armor, but the armor textures did not load, everything else was ok, but the character was naked.

For legit a hour or longer I have been trying to make it work and I am very desperate. I have choosen to upload my small mod now as I can't find out what happened.

Note: I re-did some parts of the mod 3 times because of the bug, so you will see that the values of the armor hasn't been changed, used tier2 human armor as base.

Edit: It's a new day and I realized I forgot to post the logs, here you go.
    Code:
    [13:07:50.295] [Error] Could not load image asset '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/bsleeve.png:idle.1', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/bsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/bsleeve.png:idle.1'
    [13:07:50.297] [Error] Could not load image asset '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/chestm.png:idle.1', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/chestm.png' while resolving image frame '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/chestm.png:idle.1'
    [13:07:50.300] [Error] Could not load image asset '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/fsleeve.png:idle.1', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/fsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/fsleeve.png:idle.1'
    [13:07:51.629] [Error] Could not load image asset '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/bsleeve.png:idle.4', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/bsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/bsleeve.png:idle.4'
    [13:07:51.630] [Error] Could not load image asset '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/chestm.png:idle.4', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/chestm.png' while resolving image frame '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/chestm.png:idle.4'
    [13:07:51.631] [Error] Could not load image asset '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/fsleeve.png:idle.4', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/fsleeve.png' while resolving image frame '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/fsleeve.png:idle.4'
    [13:07:51.642] [Error] Could not load image asset '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/head.png:normal', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/head.png' while resolving image frame '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/head.png:normal'
    [13:07:53.026] [Error] Could not load image asset '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/pants.png:idle.1', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/pants.png' while resolving image frame '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/pants.png:idle.1'
    [13:07:54.277] [Error] Could not load image asset '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/pants.png:idle.4', using placeholder default.
    (AssetException) No associated frames file found for image '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/pants.png' while resolving image frame '/items/active/sfh2armor/glbx-ENG/pants.png:idle.4'
    I am still trying to find the error but I can't find it. This is depressing me so much

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

No associated frames file found for image

that is the main thing you need to look at in your error log. If there is no frames file, it doesn't know how to split up your png file. When modding, especially with armors, its important to follow the vanilla assets file system. If you move all your armor from items/active/ into items/armors/ then it should work. The armors folder has default frame files for the armors to use. Otherwise, you have to make your own.

3. Grox100

Thanks alot!
    I have already modded before and got tired of the way the game files are sorted, so I tried a diffrent approach, and completly forgot that armors weren't in active, whoops!
    Again, thanks alot! By the way, is there any way to hide the hair of characters when wearing the head of my armor?

4. projectmayhem

Yeah, thats what the mask.png is for. If i remember correctly, Black = hair will show if its here , White = do not show hair if its here. So if the entire file is white, no hair should ever show. Unless that is wrong, then its entire file is black means no hair shows. Either way, should only take you 1 try to figure out which way it needs to be

5. Grox100

Again, thank you alot! Now I am able to properly try modding guns and clothes from the games into Starbound and will soon upload ma' early stage of the mod.

6. projectmayhem

cant wait to see it!