1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Are the Fandom expectations too high?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Zellman, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giant Squid

Giant Squid Zero Gravity Genie

I feel like Starbound has so much hype because of the success of games like Minecraft and Terraria, and what's been shown/explained so far has given us a solid ground to expect. The little things like being able to walk up slopes, unique worlds/monsters, mechs, space stations, etc are what make everyone excited, and even if the game turns out to be a more aesthetically pleasing/overall upgrade of Terraria, then I'm totally fine with that. The creativity, humor, and beauty of what we've seen so far makes me doubt that this game will be anything but pure awesomeness.

2. Mikey

Mikey Subatomic Cosmonaut

Giant squid I love you 0.0

3. Giant Squid

Giant Squid Zero Gravity Genie

We all love the Squid, some people just have yet to embrace it. :iswydt: The Squid loves you too, Mikey.

Mikey likes this.
  4. Scruffy

Scruffy Pangalactic Porcupine

All praise the Giant Squid :rofl:

5. mo'guts

mo'guts Big Damn Hero

my expectations are not high, I do enjoy speculating though which is how I take any unconfirmed information.

and err.. ALL HAIL GIANTSQUID! YEAHHHHH! :sparta:

6. Fuzions

Fuzions Zero Gravity Genie

I do think expectations are a bit too high.
    Which is why I always avoid "what X would you like to see in-game" threads.
    Also, a lot of loved suggestions might not make it in-game, leading to disappointments.

7. Soprano

Soprano Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, there are some great ideas out there. Most of them won't be in the game, only a hand full will be considered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.