Modding Discussion Are Dungeon Specific Tile's going to be Craftable

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SephiGast, Dec 9, 2013.

1. SephiGast

SephiGast Void-Bound Voyager

I would like to know (before undergoing this adventure) if the tile's that you can gather from dungeon's, settlements, or other various area's in the game, will be craftable at somepoint down the line.

The reason I am asking this, is to save me time from creating the recipes for these item's, if they are going to be put in anyway, If they are not going to be craftable that is cool I will put the time in and make recipe files for each of them, and release it to the community.

Oh and a big thank's for creating such an easy game to modify :) loving it so far, and looking forward to future updates.

2. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

I actually dont think they are. I vaguely remember somewhere during the dev posts they talked about how some materials would only be gotten from dungeons. But I dont really know what will ultimately constitute a 'dungeon' - like they might add in roofing material crafting I'm guessing, because there actually isnt any yet in the game. So I think its just gonna have to be a 'wait and see' for now.

3. SephiGast

I'll let it get to the next stage of beta, if nothing has been stated as for definite, I'll start work on the recipes for dungeon based tile's. Not that I don't mind going about destroying them :p but I would like the ability to craft them as well. ^_^

4. Phlosioneer

Phlosioneer Pangalactic Porcupine

I thought the same thing (because I wanted to scale a glitch castle up to the whole planet). There's no way to do it currently; so, I was going to make a new crafting bench for turning 10 of any material into a decorative "crate" of the same, and vice versa. Then, the player would be able to replicate the crates, with the material priced according to rarity. This system would simultaneously free up a lot of inventory space, for those of us who do a lot of mining but don't want to throw away 999 dirt.

5. EvilEngineer

EvilEngineer Starship Captain

There is a way, the recipes just haven't been created. A mod can definitely fix this.

6. SephiGast

Sorry I may have been unclear, I was asking if it was planned further down the line to have crafting recipes, and if not I was going to create the recipe scripts for said item's and put them on to this topic, to allow other's to create said tiles :p