April 21st – [STABLE] Update Notes

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Aleph

Aleph Orbital Explorer

Can we get proper controls for dropping down "ladders" so we don't hurt ourselves?

You shouldn't have to release crouch when you press crouch+jump to drop down. This makes the game unplayable for me. You don't press alt tab and have to release alt to stop cycling through programs...

renbear likes this.
  2. DJ-Hyrul3

DJ-Hyrul3 Void-Bound Voyager

Woooooooo

Stable Update Hype

3. Awktopode

Awktopode Void-Bound Voyager

Were wooden lockers and shelves removed..?

4. Richtor

Richtor Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dear Mods,

Would it be possible to get a few more likes to give to the OP? I only seem to have one, and it is woefully under-representing my happy-in-pants feeling I have for this update.

TYVM

5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Wonder what it means by develop preference... pertaining to food a pet likes. Couldn't figure that one out from the get go... Well so far. something I might have to trial and error. :)

Nice to see the changes making to stable.

6. Davidius

Davidius Void-Bound Voyager

Right now ......... where did i put my Launch Icon?

7. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Oh I forgot:
    • Energy Dash has a .8 second cooldown now.
    • FTL Boost has a 1.3 second cooldown now.
    So those are the other changes that people will notice/want to know.. in addition to:

8. @Kawa Is anything he's saying true?

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Techs confirmed.

The | Suit likes this.
  10. God of Darkness

God of Darkness Lucky Number 13

Aw, still no working Fullscreen. I had hopes...

Though, no mission complete restart... Perhaps that means you don't need to dedicate several days of playing, and employ a whole heap of luck. That's good, I guess.:confirm:

11. hanleybrand

hanleybrand Phantasmal Quasar

Not necessarily - I went to this version when it was on the unstable branch and while most of the mods I had worked (prismatic stars, biggerHUD, pixel goods store, starboard side stories) a couple only sort of worked (your starboard crew, Ita-Tidewater Plus) and one or two broke the game (Frackin' Universe, Graviton Projectors)

If you have a mod that changes planet/system generation (prismatic stars, frackin' universe, etc.) you may want to check for an update to them - I had to delete my universe because of FU not working, and lost all my buildings etc (but hey, that's pre-release for you)

12. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

All true, based on the asset files. You can see the dungeon changes at Kawa's own diff here. The tech changes are also in the diffs but Kawa already confirmed those for you.

As for why, metadept mentioned that the dungeon counts may have been reduced so that dungeons don't spawn with parts on top of each other, breaking them.

13. Nautical-eX

Nautical-eX Orbital Explorer

Amazing update, getting several bundles of wonderful things, fixes, and more things! Time to resume exploration and collecting and spend days on end playing again!

14. neosuduno

neosuduno Aquatic Astronaut

Nice, a stable update! And we didn't have to wait over a year this time.

15. IcyLucario

IcyLucario Subatomic Cosmonaut

THEY FIXED SERVER STUFF? :hylotl:

16. KalleProf

KalleProf Aquatic Astronaut

Hi there!
    Something's wrong with my server since this update... *sad*
    It keeps looping while searching for an upnp portforwarding and keeps allocating memory...

Attached Files:

17. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Or, ya know, just learn how to use some sort of world protection program/factions. ;p

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Oh yes, such a simple, fool-proof solution.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  19. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

kek

20. Xolarix

Xolarix Void-Bound Voyager

Aww, I really liked the name generator that produced silly names for NPCs... gave starbound its own "culture" that reminded me a lot of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    I mean, the item descriptions are super too!

Apart from that, great update! Lots of much-needed content, especially teleporters.
    Although I'll now have to start adapting to using teleporters, instead of exit game -> enter game to go to ship, and thus go to the surface again :D
    But it's for the best in terms of immersion anyway.