1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Any way to gain access to beta now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hirshell, May 19, 2013.

1. hirshell

hirshell Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I was wondering if it was still possible to buy my way into the beta even tho the kickstarter is finished.
    I'm really interested in getting to play this game on multiplayer. Thanks in advance.

Lachee likes this.
    • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

There will probably be an option to do so, yes, but first some technical things are being dealt with by the devs, so hang tight! ;)

• onus

onus Master Chief

I'm kicking myself in the bum for not paying the extra kickstarter for beta access.... if only I had had time to play the demo before!

Lachee likes this.
        • Engio

Engio Space Penguin Leader

They probably have to setup some automated method to send you your beta keys through a different service. It is a shame but its reasonable to see how that can take a lot of time out their sparse development time as it is. I hope it happens soon (for everyone wants to play) but I understand why it will take a while.

• yaomon17

yaomon17 Tentacle Wrangler

Glad I paid last minute for the beta. HAN-D ftw.

Treadlight likes this.
            • IllusiveEnergy

IllusiveEnergy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm pretty sure you can get the trial somewhere out there while you're waiting.

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

I fekkin love that guy.

I was wondering the same thing in respect to fixing bugs; how do the devs keep adding content, fixing bugs and have time to take a breath now and then? The rate of development in this astounds me.

• Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

They could do what Chucklefish is doing with Starbound and sell it directly through the Humble Store.

Lachee likes this.
                  • VaanDiablo

VaanDiablo Void-Bound Voyager

I second this, having missed my chance to fund via kickstarter. *cries*

On the other hand, the dev's('ve) been nice enough to give us slowpokes a free beta to play around with, and play around with it I have- I only found it Saturday and have 26 hours played already! WOOT for Uni finishing early! (Still wish I had the open beta of this to play over the next FOUR BLEEDING MONTHS X:rofl:)

• Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

*sob* I thought I might buy it when it releases as I already brought one game in development and I wanted to be sure that RoR will turn out perfectly without me feeling like I have wasted money (done it once before, remember Blockade Runner? No? Exactly). Now that Project Zombiod has a rough excuse for multiplayer, I have been really wanting to play RoR multiplayer too, until I realise again that the kick starter is finished and I no longer have access to beta :cry:

• KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

Am in the same wagon as the rest of you, I really want beta but there's no way to get it. I did find some copies 0.29.x online, but it's nowhere close to what I see on recent streams, it's even older than the demo.

Sakyrm likes this.
                        • Strife

Strife Existential Complex

Been playing the hell out of the Demo.

I would pay handsomely for Beta access.

• joey4track

joey4track Ketchup Robot

I would suggest to play the alpha in the meantime. It has many more items but it's easier than the demo. But this is why there is hardcore

• onus

onus Master Chief

can you link me to the alpha? I was part of the kickstarter yet didn't pay for beta (which in hindsight was a poor decision) I like the demo, but need moar items!

• claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

I know, right? I didn't see the kickstarter until after it was closed. The demo is friggin' sweet.

• TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes Void-Bound Voyager

All pre-beta released versions are available on IndieDB.

I missed the Kickstarter and also would really like a way to get in on the beta!

• okok111

okok111 Pangalactic Porcupine

*sniff sniff* *sniff sniff* yup, same deal as the above. Kind of feel really bad for missing out on the kickstarter....

• gangwarily

gangwarily Astral Cartographer

Stay tuned folks.

Burby and Pastuleio like this.
                                      • Av3nged

Av3nged Space Penguin Leader

I want the beta too, but didn't have the money to get it.. I really hope they will add an option to get into beta anyway.

• Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

Replying to show my interest as well. Here's hoping. :) I really wish I had seen this earlier. :oops: