RELEASED Anthro Characters Continued (Furry Overhaul Mod) + Genderswaps

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Blanchard, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

@Blanchard In the official SDV Discord server there is a mod channel that is very helpful with figuring out how to convert to content patcher if you need help! They've always been nice even with dumb questions so it's worth a shot~

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

The mod is only a replacer version right now but both the Google drive link on the front page and the Nexus mods are updated in tandem so whenever one updates so will the other. In other words you can download from either~

I'll get a CP patch together eventually though learning how to make one isn't something I have time to do right this moment with the work on this mod and two-ish jobs (which is why I was hoping someone might pick it up in the meantime to help out), so just getting the mod finished up and fully functional is my priority right now. After we're pretty sure it's all said and done I'll get back to learning how to convert everything over so I can do it myself in the future.

• Krystedez

Krystedez Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure this will be up to expectations or not, but I'm learning how to do it. Got all portraits over and just tested Marnie's overworld sprite. If I can get this compiled slowly, maybe you can just oversee/test it and make sure my typing is all correct. It's pretty simple stuff, just takes a lot of time. Once it's done though, making changes will be a snap, at least until some unconventional thing happens to the game like another huge update.

Now I must sleep because I just spent way too long reading over this stuff lol.

Attached Files:

Bonabopn and Blanchard like this.
        • Lorien

Lorien Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah sure! Go ahead and use them :D since I used this mod's assets to make them it's only fair too :0 and also thanks a bunch for the bug fixes!!

Blanchard and Krystedez like this.
          • Krystedez

Okay! So I've got overworld sprites and portraits done. Next up is the rest of the sprites.

Keep in mind, I don't know if anything will directly translate, but if it's all the same name conventions (example, SecretNotesImages.png is in TileSheets/SecretNotesImages, and thus load directly from my mod folder "assets/TileSheets/SecretNotesImages.png", this should be easy. Just gotta keep plugging at it, loading the game to ensure the images load in without read-errors, and then test them somehow in game.

Since you guys have worked tirelessly on bug fixes, it shouldn't be an issue, but if I run across some size issues or whatever I'll try to edit the images myself.

Have a wonderful day guys~

EDIT:

So, Idk if it will work completely, so I hope you or Gav could test run this CP version when I compile it tonight as my first attempt as a Nexus mod. I hope I have your permission to do so of course! I'm closing tonight but I have two days off so plenty of time to get feedback if you guys would be so generous. I'll ofc be using it as well, but I'm only year 2 on my multiplayer file with my boys and haven't finished the community center or did any major heart events yet. Will edit this again unless someone posts later ofc, with an updated link.

Edit2: i'm at work reading up smapi mods. I wondered if there was a way to just edit the maps and areas in only one or two tiles so make the file size smaller. Turns out there is but ill do a raw replacement structure with the files instead first, since that would be easiest. If we want we can even put artwork grafitti on the train carts

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
              Bonabopn and Blanchard like this.
            • Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

It's a big help, testing will happen for sure. Thank you.

Bonabopn and Krystedez like this.
              • Krystedez

Alright guys; deadlink/

I will say I'm a little nervous uploading this. If at any point you (Gav or Blanchard) want me to remove or change this file please let me know! And of course let me know if there's any issues installing it. I'm making aggressive edits over and over on it forgetting one thing and remembering another >_< including WHERE to install it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
                • vivavictoria

vivavictoria Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for creating the CP version! Am excited to test it. The old version was actually working, but had to have Marlon entries deleted from the content.json file to work with SVE.

• Krystedez

Sorry guys, the link is down, I deleted after fully understanding that the mod's Cp version will have to be a joint effort on a single conjoined nexus page which makes sense to me. Don't worry! If it still is ok, Illl push out updates to this version directly to Blanchard and Gav. If you guys manage to test it, any of you, please let me know if there's any issues.

Blanchard likes this.
                    • Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

I'm adding Krystedez's file to the main page as we speak. Thank you very much for the help it's very appreciated! His CP patch should be up within the next 30 minutes or so.

Edit: It should be working now. If anyone runs into issues go ahead and post them here. Thanks again Krystedez.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
                      • Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i noticed that when the travelling merchant waves their hand changes colour. also seems to happen when they blink, but it's hard to tell.

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

I didn't think the Travelling Merchant had an animated sprite. Could you get a screenshot of it when you have a chance so I can let Gav know?

Edit: Nevermind I see what you mean now. Gav found it, we just missed a spot in the cursors file. Thanks for letting me know!

• Moonwolf666

Moonwolf666 Big Damn Hero

So I don't know if it's a problem with SVE update 1.7.10 -> 1.7.11 or because I added this mod (CP) now but a lot of tiles in my world are weird. there are bushes where they should have been removed etc.
                            Also I get this error during starting / loading a game:
                            [Content Patcher] Multiple patches want to load Characters\Marlon (Gaveliere's Furry Mod > Load Characters/Marlon, Stardew Valley Expanded > Load Characters/Marlon). None will be applied.
                            [Content Patcher] Multiple patches want to load Portraits\Marlon (Gaveliere's Furry Mod > Load Portraits/Marlon, Stardew Valley Expanded > Load Portraits/Marlon). None will be applied.

• Allayna

Allayna Ketchup Robot

Not sure about the first part, but the second problem is self-explanitory - you have two mods trying to load stuff for Marlon. You need to turn it off on one of them off.

• Krystedez

Like Allayna said, Marlon is being loaded between two mods. Far as bushes and stuff those are assets apart of a sprite sheet somewhere in the CP mod(s) that still exist in this one or something. I'm sure that's why you're seeing them. Those particular things require a compatibility patch, which my CP version does not have atm. Continue using the XNB replacer version and perhaps SVE will do it's thing properly until I can work on one.

I don't play SVE or any other mod other than minor things like map shows NPCs or more multiplayer farmhands. It will take me a bit to look into it but I'll definitely do so tonight sometime and get back with ya if you still want to use SVE with the CP version of furry overhaul. I'd like to make this mod play nice with a large amount of other mods anyways.

• Sugar-Fable

Sugar-Fable Phantasmal Quasar

Two questions!
                                  1: The CP download on the main page is the best one to use right?
                                  2: Does this mod work with SVE if I use the unofficial sprites for it and remove the Marlon sprites?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
                                  • Krystedez

1. CP is best to use for now if it's the only mod you currently use.
                                    2. Don't bother using SVE at this time with the CP mod. Use SVE with the direct XNB mod and choose which XNBs you want to keep for sure (example, Marlon's sprites, or specific dialogues should be placed AFTER putting Furry in. The rest is up to you to figure out because I don't use SVE at this time. I'll be attempting to work on a CP compatibility patch that works with SVE at least at some point)

Sugar-Fable likes this.
                                    • Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Hiyo! I found a glitch in abby's kiss sprite. but i'm not sure whether i'm up to date or not, i have the non-content patcher version.

[​IMG]
                                      https://imgur.com/HgmY7Hg

Blanchard likes this.
                                      • Lunick01

Lunick01 Void-Bound Voyager

If you don't mind my asking, what changed to make the genderswaps not compatible with 1.4?

• Blanchard

Blanchard Big Damn Hero

A LOT changed. CA made many, many, many edits to the text files with new things or bugfixes and since by their nature a genderswap requires massive rewrites of all the dialogue in the game which is buried in the code you can't just copy the text file packaged in those .xnbs over and expect it to work properly. Basically, you lose all of the new content he added in 1.4 that are within those specific files if you try using the old swaps. There was also new spritework to be done. As far as all of the text files go, I had to do the entire mod from scratch which took over a week of digging and rewriting very carefully and packing and unpacking and testing, ugh.

Fortunately, we just uploaded the first up-to-date version of the Female to Male Genderswaps (Replacer Version only at the moment). Feel free to give it a try~ Google Drive download link is on the main page.

We've also done another round of bugfixes with this update, so I recommend updating. Thanks @Bonabopn for that catch, we've fixed that as well.

Happy holidays everyone~

Darkcedars and Bonabopn like this.