Animal Names

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pixieNpixels, Mar 7, 2016.

1. pixieNpixels

pixieNpixels Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I like to get creative with naming characters and critters and at least wanted to share some of the names I use. But also would like to know names you all are proud of and have given.

Let's see if I can remember them all if not I will open the game later and add a reply :p

I don't currently have a pig yet. But I will probably name one Petunia after the movie.

Chickens:
    My first chicken in any game will always be Camilla after Gonzo's gf in The Muppets.
    Lil Peep
    Parlsey
    Henny Penny from Chicken Little
    Sassafras is my void chicken

Ducks:
    One was autogenerated and I liked it but I don't recall what it was...Bipaboo or something like that.
    Jemima after Jemima Puddleduck the Beatrix Potter character.

Rabbits (I <3 bunnies so much)
    again after Beatrix Potter:
    Lopsy
    Flopsy
    Cottontail
    (I need to buy a forth and name it Mopsy)

Cows:
    Daisy Mae
    Clara Belle
    Esmoorelda
    Maggie Moo

Goats:
    Heidi, after the story of a girl that lives in Switzerland
    (I have two more and my mind is a complete blank right now)
    Millie
    Opal

Sheep:
    Cotton
    Maribelle

What have you named yours?

• orb_outrider

orb_outrider Big Damn Hero

I always make sure to name one of my chickens Henny Penny in every Harvest Moon game I play. Same with Stardew now. Why? In honor of our real life chicken named Henny Penny who was murdered by our dogs when I was 8. Rest in peace, Henny P.

pixieNpixels likes this.
      • pixieNpixels

Aww I'm sorry for that chicken :( But then I am also glad that I in turn inadvertently named one of my chickens after her also. :)

orb_outrider likes this.
        • DapperDanMan

DapperDanMan Void-Bound Voyager

I mostly name my animals after irl friends. My barn animals are male friends and coop animals are female friends.
          However, my cat is "Ole' Scratchy", my horse is "Shadowfax", and I have one pig named "Hamlet."
          I'm not very original.

pixieNpixels likes this.
          • Zhaylin

Zhaylin Aquatic Astronaut

I've only gotten my dog so far: Rusty :D

• Budzilla

Budzilla Subatomic Cosmonaut

I give them short weird names like Zep or Fez.

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

I'm the type that will spend HOURS thinking on names but I had a lot of things I wanted to do so the first acceptable names that popped in my head, I used.

My cat's name is Nyaverick. Chicken names I remember are Henna, Henley, Eggsy. Ducks I remember are Websy, Crackers, Salty (I love salted duck eggs). Cows I remember are Milky, Chocolate, Dairy (oh my god so creative right?).

I have no idea what I named my goats. I think I named one chewy because goats chew a lot.
                *SHRUG*

Oh, and I use Pokemon names too. I'm pretty sure I had a Miltank, Spoink, Grumpig, Emboar, etc in my previous playthrough.

pixieNpixels likes this.
                • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

....I number mine, because I blank when it comes to naming. After the Shadofax comment above though, will probably go with LotR names on my next file.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
                    pixieNpixels likes this.
                  • ProphetSix

ProphetSix Starship Captain

if I told you the names of my animals im afraid ill get banned...

• Thorin

Thorin Pangalactic Porcupine

I named my dog Toto.
                      As for the rest I don't have animals yet, is something planned for my second year

pixieNpixels likes this.
                      • meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

I called my cat Dickweed, because there isn't enough characters for Professor Dickweed.

• KKGB

KKGB Space Penguin Leader

Chicken1, Chicken2
                          Duck1
                          Cow1, Cow2

• Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

My cat's name is Kishar. Shouldn't be too hard to figure why I have her that name.

• pixieNpixels

Okay this post became greatly lengthy because of my replies to many posts so I apologize about that. :)

Hamlet is brilliant. I love Shakespeare, even if Hamlet isn't one of my faves that does give me ideas and inspiration for future animals and such.

MY daughter is currently watching Pokemon behind me and I personally have considered Pokemon also in the past. I did consider naming one of my ducks Quackers but I dismissed it when I remembered Jemima.

I tend to google anything when I am naming a character or something. 20000 names is a great resource I use for it at times. But for animal names I googled each animal individually when I was stuck.

Well thank you for responding regardless. :)

My cat is named Miso and it was the first auto generated but I loved it and went with it. My husband also plays and his dog is named Antoinette after Tamaki's dog in Ouran High School Host Club. You naming your dog makes me want to watch Wizard of Oz. If you like Pentatonix you should check out Wizard of Awws on youtube. :)

Honestly I don't know that name but I am assuming it is from an anime I haven't seen due to your avatar. If I'm wrong I guess I should have followed the old adage to never assume anything....

Thorin and DapperDanMan like this.
                              • Thorin

Thorin Pangalactic Porcupine

Don't think I've watch those Pentatonix or Wizard of Awws. But I will now, if stardew valley doesn't pull me in *again*.
                                The other names I've thought about, would be based on some dogs we had in our household (and I liked them very much):
                                Brutus (crossbreed of 2 shepard dogs), Nero (Dutch silver haired shepard), Ceasar (dobberman)

pixieNpixels likes this.
                                • pixieNpixels

Sdv is good at that. According to steam I have been playing for 82 hours since purchase...I have some games I haven't played at all yet but once I saw this in gameplay I was like "Must buy now" :)

Thorin likes this.