REQUEST Animal Meat Processing

Discussion in 'Mods' started by lindaz, Mar 16, 2016.

?

Would you welcome the addition of meats and meat products in the game?

1. Yes.

92 vote(s)
    87.6%
  2. No.

13 vote(s)
    12.4%
  1. alacazain

alacazain Void-Bound Voyager

1.We really need butchery! For those that dont want it, you should be able to tick it on or off before starting a new game. Simple as that and all gets happy. Imagine having hunting + butchery. Then this will be the COMPLETE countryside farming game. Everyone loves something special. I love meat, not normal meat where you dont know its origine. im talking about locally produced meat and slaughtered at fine proffessional butchers. This is something you really shouldnt have put away. Its a really big and important idea. I also think its educational to teach kids where their meat actually comes from. The industry today is horrible. With this could be an eye opener how it really should be done when butchering healthy animals locally produced. Put in butchery again and you wont regret it.

Just imagine having your pigs eating acorns dropping from the trees, butchering them later and curing the hams with sea salt from the sea = Jamon Serrano/Parma hams

We could have dry cured hams in the cave! Or vintage wine that have been there for years/months. Imagine smoking meat, or hang cure it with salt, salt from sea or mountains. Smoking fish.

2.Another idea is to add hunting. Imagine hunting deers/mooses, feasents, boars. turkeys, pigeons, hares Curing of meat, smoking etc

3. Ore refineries. Today we get our ores from hardrock. Imagine having refineries put near water lakes. It could be stuff also being negative for the environment. So if you pollute the sea you get less fish or none. Pollute rain/water grows worse etc. Then you must have a good sustainable balance in your productionlines. combining positive with negative. Caterpillers and tractors etc.

4. Being able to rotate all furniture and more sprites.

5. Add fish farms, exemple salmon, you should be able to pick out the roe from fishes aswell.

6. Add a rooster, bull etc so animals can mate. Mating must be implemented.

7. Add so you both can have a cat and dog at same time.

8. Shipping to other towns (market commodities) Transport via road or railroad.

9. Add boat, swimming/snorkling

10. Smoking of fish and hams!

11. Add exclusive carps you can put in in your lakes that show for the eye, you could also fish them.

12. Add more trees, avocado trees f.e.

13. Add posibility to upgrade silo to have more hay.

14. Add more slots in kitchen refridgerator, or make it upgradable

15. Add barbecue/grills/outdoor steakt

16. Fishing boat and the ability to lay nets

17. Add birds you can have indoors as pets (parrots/parakeets), fish bulbs with gold fish, hamsters/guinea pigs

Just some ideas, i could keep going all day because this game is so good. Think about some of the ideas.

ThatNorthernMonkey likes this.
    • lindaz

lindaz Space Hobo

This would be the best method, hands down! Awesome idea :D It may not be so hard to do either. Someone would just have to add a new button under the "sell" icon. Maybe you wouldn't even have to meet the butcher at all, he'd just leave a letter in your mailbox and do the deed before you wake up. Maybe put the meat products in a native chest in the building that housed the butchered animal?

• alacazain

Butchering your animals isn't evil, think of it like your managing an eco produced meat farm. You will give that animal the very best life you can for it to produce fine quality meat. Its 1000 times better than other abattoirs and mass production meat industries. Here we have a small set of animals we care for, that you and your cow/chicken/duck/rabbits etc is happy is both ways to strive for and gain the animal and you. Butchery really needs to be put in. Anyone that thinks butchery is evil, has a delusional mindset. Most of us humans are meat eaters and have been since it all begun. There are crazy butchery houses (crazy mass production) and theres people with passions for the very best food (fine meat). Just because you eat meat doesn't mean you hate animals.... I met so many good locally producers that make cured hams, smoked meat, smoked fish etc, they really love their animals. And taught me the traditional farm life ways. Its not evil people. They are very nice and loving towards their animals and give their livestock the very best life they can. The butchering part is pain free if you have the right contacts and people with skill in this profession and business partners at right abattoirs.

I recommend you guys to watch the tv series River Cottage, its very much like star dew valley. A real person (its not scripted), who moves out to the country side who has a passion to know where his meat actually comes from and his vegetable. He works on his little piece of land and grow the most fantastic vegetables and produces the finest meat and cures it. He often goes fishing, he lays traps in his little river he has and pulls up eels and crayfish, lobsters crabs. He came from london and now he lives with his community in dorset. Its exactly like harvest moon/stardew valley.

His name is Hugh Fernley whittingstall and i think he has the most sane idea about life in general. You all should youtube it and watch some of it. Its really that good! Gives you allot of inspiration and beautiful surroundings. Watch it its a must.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
        • Sky303

Sky303 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I cant believe people are making this an ethical issue...
          In any case, I for one want to murder that one chicken that always stands in front of the fucking hay bin.

Bring me the butchers :<

Zhuria likes this.
          • alacazain

Its a computer game, i agree, but since people are picky about the idea and are cowards thinking the meat in the package is a product of itself and doesn't come from an actual animal, you have to bring points and logic so they can implement it and stop this madness....

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
            • Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

I definitely want butchery..
              But I don't feel like I should pay someone else to butcher an animal right in front of me.
              I'd like a self butcher feature so I can me a more self-reliant farmer. This is coming from a meat farmer- I don't pay people to butcher my cows for me. I do it and sell off the meat :>

Zhuria likes this.
              • Satadoros

Satadoros Void-Bound Voyager

A Butcher is a really nice idea. but if you have meat and bacon you need some things to combine if like bread or something. so i think a wind/watermill and a backery world be nice to.

• Concerned Gorilla

Concerned Gorilla Astral Cartographer

I like I'm the one to butcher my cows pigs and chicken seriously I do it in real life.. wth is the issue in digital game? with a pixelated pig bleh I don't understand this developer censoring stuff like this while Illusion games in Japan kept releasing games about rape and things that should be private

• alacazain

Make sure to watch also the other meat mod thread/butchering, so we can gather our ideas in one place. Also help out if you can.