AngryCat's Farm Edits (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AngryCat, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Koutetsu

Koutetsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

IF you're still happy to take requests, I have one, but it's a bit weird, so I totally understand if you're too busy or not interested.

I love using the standard map because I've designed a farm that's perfect for me on it, but there's always something which bugged me. On the left side of the map, you've got that cliff which juts out into the farm. I see in your renovated farm that you've leveled that off entirely so that it's even with the top corner.

I was wondering if you'd possibly make a map where the cliff remains but it runs straight down to the bottom of the map from the point where it normally juts out. I only ask because I use the area above that cliff and running to the top corner for silos (can fit 4 silos with a few trees topping it off), but to square it off as is, I plant as many trees as I can and then fence it off. The area to the right of that cliff is my orchard...

Again, sorry for the awkward request :-( I hope that I made sense. If necessary, I'll try to take a screenshot of my current farm layout to show you what I meant about squaring it off with trees, it might help indicate what I'm after...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    • AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think I have an idea of what you're asking, but seeing the screenshot would definitely help confirm if I have the concept correct, if you wouldn't mind

rswhisper likes this.
      • Koutetsu

http://i.imgur.com/uew0WHD.png

I hope that image is ok. I tried to get one with the top of the cliff and the trees to show what I mean. Thanks so much!

Edit: To explain my farm layout - I'm standing in a field I made for my cows and sheep, the barn is up top next to the greenhouse, the silos are along the left side wall (fenced off because I don't know how it happened but a cow got stuck in one of the silos once), and below the fenced off field, there's my orchard of fruit trees.

• AngryCat

Something like this?

upload_2016-10-10_5-21-52.png

rswhisper likes this.
          • Koutetsu

• AngryCat

Well, then unzip and enjoy: Koutetsu Ledge

rswhisper and Koutetsu like this.
            • Koutetsu

Oh My GOD! I literally can't thank you enough!!

rswhisper and AngryCat like this.
              • AngryCat

A screenshot of your farm with the modified map would be plenty ~^w^~

rswhisper likes this.
                • Koutetsu

Would be happy to, but how do I take a screenshot of my whole farm? I can only zoom out to 75%...

• AngryCat

Ummm....hmm. Good question. I suppose just as much of the area by/around the ledge as you can fit?

rswhisper likes this.
                    • Koutetsu

I hope you don't mind that it's in 3 pieces, but here's the entire left side of my farm!
                      Top Left
                      Middle Left
                      Bottom Left

Edit: Seriously, thanks again. This is perfect for me and I really appreciate it.

rswhisper and AngryCat like this.
                      • Shawvalley

Shawvalley Poptop Tamer

That's looking great, sorry about that shoulda been a bit less obscure :rofl: but you nailed it tho if the dark grass can be changed to match the surrounding grass the bridge moved down to about halfway and the pet bowl removed for grass i think we have a winner tbh thank you so much amazing job!!

• metalax

metalax Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is how to do full farm screenshots.

rswhisper likes this.
                          • Max057

Max057 Yeah, You!

• Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

Hello! I was really excited about the new farms when I heard the concept, but upon seeing them, I was slightly dissapointed with the lack of space left for other activities. I've been looking at all your hard work, and through the requests people have made, and I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to hear me out and attept to fulfill a request from me. x:

I really like what you've done so far for Shawvalley, and if you could apply the last few changes they requested;

That would be really awesome.. but I also have a request ontop of that.

I was wondering if it would be possible to
                            1. Completely remove the weird hill on the right side, so the area is more flat and open for farming and buildings, aswell as..
                            2. Rotate the mining area 180 degrees, and move it down so it is against the edge of the map and less in the middle of everything.

[​IMG]

rswhisper likes this.
                            • AngryCat

I'm afraid I can't, no. I don't and can't program, so I can't do SMAPI mods.

I can try; the rotation will be a bit difficult because the tilesheets are a little limited , but I might be able to pull that off

Also, my apologies to Shawvalley for the delay, had a down day so I'm only just pulling myself out of bed and back to my electronics; I'll finish that last bit of change and get your map up.

rswhisper likes this.
                              • AngryCat

upload_2016-10-10_17-39-43.png

Here you go: Shawvalley Hilltop

rswhisper likes this.
                                • Minnue

Minnue Big Damn Hero

Just to throw it out there, I'm pretty sure the respawn/constant respawn of ore nodes is hard coded into the game so if you edit the map to fit those features, while it'll look the way desired it might not function properly due to the nature of the spawning.

• Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

Thank you for trying! >.< Can I ask... what do you use to do this in? It's really interesting o:

• Shawvalley

Shawvalley Poptop Tamer

rswhisper likes this.