AngryCat's Farm Edits (discontinued)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by AngryCat, Oct 6, 2016.

1. AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You may like what I am doing with v1.2 then ;)

upload_2016-10-7_17-19-37.png

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
      rswhisper likes this.
    • XxhexerxX

XxhexerxX Phantasmal Quasar

In tIDE > Tile Picker > right click on the darker soil tile > Tile Index Properties > Name: Diggable, Value: T

AngryCat likes this.
      • AngryCat

Thank you SO much! I'll keep that in mind for when I update it (next in queue)

rswhisper likes this.
        • AngryCat

Sigh, hit a delay; my computer crashed and it seems the map files corrupted so I have to start again with the updated maps. Very sorry about this, aiming to have them pushed out as soon as I can.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
            rswhisper likes this.
          • AngryCat

Here's the changelog for v1.2, so you can see what I'm up to:

Drier Farms, Version 1.2:​
            -All farms redone from scratch for SDV 1.11 update
            -Standard Farm bin moved to have viable small pond in upper righthand corner
            -Foraging Farm retained pond switched to smallest pond; pond made deeper for fishing
            -Riverland Farm islands remodeled a bit
            -Two different options for Wilderness Farm: Extract the one you want from its subfolder
            -Pond Edition: Fishing pond retained and moved to upper left hand corner
            -Lake Edition: Lake in lower left hand corner retained instead, now with fishing pier

Dried Up Farms, v1.2:​
            -Renamed to Dehydrated Farms
            -All farms revisited anew to be compatible with the SDV 1.11 update
            -All farms altered to have more useful space.
            Lawn mowers, sledgehammers, and other heavy equipment retained by remodeling crew. Sorry, they don't like to share their things.
            -Hill-Top Farm riverbed mineable (*fingers crossed*)

I've toyed with the idea of removing the protruding cliff in the Wilderness Map, but it seems like it would be a bit odd and unbalanced, especially in the Dehydrated Farms version. May revisit the idea in the future.

• DanRowan

DanRowan Void-Bound Voyager

No rush thank you for your hard work I refuse to play without your modified wilderness map!

• AngryCat

Well, if you care to be a test subject, I did the three iterations of that farm first just because of your post; you can take your pick of them and try it out for me

rswhisper and DanRowan like this.
                • PurpleMentat

PurpleMentat Void-Bound Voyager

If you are in search of a guinea pig for the forest or hilltop farm, I am willing to volunteer.

• DanRowan

DanRowan Void-Bound Voyager

I volunteer as tribute! I wouldn't mind trying out the pond and lake editions at all.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

In either the tile properties for the specific tiles on the `Back` layer, if you only want specific tiles to be diggable, or on the tile in the tilesheet as a `tilesheet property` for that tile.

• metalax

metalax Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is it possible to get a updated version of the forest farm that doesn't remove the greenery, just the extra ponds?

• AngryCat

Hmm, that's a fair idea. I'll do it in three versions instead of two; Drier Farms will reduce water, Dehydrated Farms will remove water, and Stripped Farms will have the extra editing.
                          That way, people can chose the extent they want the farms altered.
                          Have to start over a third time anyways, as I didn't notice an issue while saving my second batch that has rendered the three maps I got done to not open. Sigh...

rswhisper and LuthienNightwolf like this.
                          • Dragoest

Dragoest Void-Bound Voyager

Loving the progress I see.. that new forest map is right up my speed.. the Wilderness can do without the cliff.. the only thing the map really needs is some small space for mobs to spawn and that cliff done nothing for or against the mob spawns.. also.. I'm thinking most all the maps need some small tiny pond right next to the shipping box.. anything starting the game anew needs some kinda water to refill the watering can.. and having to jog clear across is not ideal all new crops are always near home so having a tiny pond would be useful for some maps like the Wilderness.

• AngryCat

Thank you! The forest layout I showed you will be in the "Stripped" mod version. I may make a trial run of a Stripped Wilderness map that has the cliff removed.
                              As of right now, all the edited maps will have a close by water source by way of being able to actually fill your watering can from your pet bowl (there is a water tile under the bowl in my maps, it just isn't visible once all the layers are in place) - I got the idea from the first modded map I ever used, Sanitized Farm by BoffoBoy.

But I could add the small shipping area pond to the various maps, didn't think of that idea. I have never tried - can you actually fish in it in the original Standard farm map?

rswhisper and PurpleMentat like this.
                              • senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would like to try these maps but confused of first post: where is link and screenshot of each farm :)?
                                Is it WIP?
                                Thanks.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

I'll be after a Forest map with just the pond at the bottom right corner, I'm okay with the bushes and stuff but I don't like all the puddles. One pond is plenty. lol

• PurpleMentat

PurpleMentat Void-Bound Voyager

The maps were final until 1.11 hit. Now they need updating, which AngryCat has been working on since yesterday. Using the originals means giving up a lot of the features of the 1.11, so they are no longer available. I believe AngryCat did not expect as many issues as they are encountering (multiple file corruptions plus figuring out how to do some of the more interesting changes they are working on) and expected to have them finished yesterday. Yesterday was also a heavy class day for AngryCat.

Until AngryCat has more time to finalize things, we have the drier version of the standard farm to work with. The little pond there also apparently supports fishing.

• AngryCat

Dead-on, thank you - and yes, my Fridays are 10am - 7pm (EST) between classes and weekly therapy session.
                                      As a bonus, I forgot my laptop charger cable in my locker last night, so I had to take the long public transit trek to campus and back today before I could get back to work on things, yaaay...

BUT things are rolling along now, I expect to have at least the other "Dried" farms up this evening; to answer where everything in the original post went, I hid it away in the spoiler marked "Original post", because I am effectively redoing everything from scratch and didn't want old information confusing people. I'm not 100% sure on fishing in the little pond, as I didn't test it myself yet.

I'll keep that in mind; on long bus ride home today, was thinking the Drier Forest should have options as to which of its water sources should stay, like the Wilderness does.

Should I make optional versions of the Drier Standard farm with either of its original ponds? I made the little shipping area pond because I felt its originals were in the way - but that is only my opinion.

• Valamyr82

Valamyr82 Void-Bound Voyager

Hm, I'm probably missing something obvious but I only see download links for 'dried' farms, not 'dehydrated' and 'stripped'. Am I blind? :) Thanks either way for your great work, I want to test a few of these, see which is best!

• AngryCat

No, you are not; I haven't gotten the others up yet, as the initial versions I made of them corrupted on me - didn't want to share those, naturally.
                                          Have a batch ready to compress and go up shortly

rswhisper and Valamyr82 like this.