1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Amfin Species V0.3 (updated for Enraged Koala)

Discussion in 'Races' started by Ponyus, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Claudius

Claudius Big Damn Hero

This is by far my favorite race mod.

I really hope you will be able to keep this up to date and compatible when new patches are released. Are the bikes already implemented or is that a planned feature for the future?

2. Ponyus

Ponyus Subatomic Cosmonaut

i have them in and working perfectly in my dev build of the mod (i might have made them a bit OP) , but i wont include them until i have a proper crafting recipe for them.

Claudius likes this.
  3. Carty1234

Carty1234 Zero Gravity Genie

I agree with Claudius. This is the best race mod! Can't wait for the next release, keep it up Ponyus! :D

Claudius likes this.
  4. Claudius

Claudius Big Damn Hero

Sounds great to me! Looking forward to the update :)

I was wondering if it is possible to change the noise that the Amfin makes when they take damage (for some reason I don't like the sound of it). How difficult would that be to change to a different noise when damaged? I like the Apex noise a lot better and it seems to fit the Amfin better.

That's the only thing that I don't like about them, otherwise they are absolutely perfect.

5. Ponyus

changing the voice to something that is already in the game (like the voice of Apex) is as simple as replacing a word with another word (if you know where to look)

only reason they have hylotl voices is because thats what i used as base and i never bothered to change it. if more people support it, i can change to apex.

6. Claudius

Claudius Big Damn Hero

That's good to know! Would that only be possible by only you or would anyone who downloaded the mod be able to change the voice?

Maybe we could have a poll or survey asking which voice best fits the Amfin. I personally like apex and maybe human voice, but it'd be awesome to hear what other people think suit the Amfin best.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  7. Ponyus

well, you could just edit it yourself with notepad (though i would strongly suggest notepad++ since it organise everything neatly)

go into /mods/amfin/amfin.species and find the line where it says
    Code:
      "ouchNoises" : [ "/sfx/humanoid/hylotlhurt_male1.wav", "/sfx/humanoid/hylotlhurt_female1.wav" ],
    (should be on line 5 in notepad++)

you can change hylotl to apex, human, robot, avian or floran.

note that you can also mix, so you have a male human voice, but an apex female for instance.

i believe that should be everything (i have not tried this yet personally, but i dont see any reason it would work any other way)

8. Claudius

Claudius Big Damn Hero

Oh wow, that was incredibly easy to change and it works perfectly. Thank you very much!

9. Ponyus

i have packed V0.3 for Enraged Koala, but my usual double-checkers are offline. anyone willing to take a look if everything works before i upload it officially?

10. Claudius

Claudius Big Damn Hero

There seems to be an issue with the captain's chair. I think it might have something to do with the "loungeability" and being able to interact with it. When I press E at the captain's chair, nothing happens at all.

11. ygreedo

ygreedo Big Damn Hero

Any update on this mod?

I have also made 9 more hairstyles Enraged Koala ready, if you are interested.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  12. Vexx0927

Vexx0927 Aquatic Astronaut

I am wondering if there was anything I could do to get the captain's chair working in my ship. If not can you please update this mod with a fix for this issue, I really love this race and want to be able to travel between planets.

13. Ponyus

so, i patched the mod to be up to date (the captains chair now works) and the new release also contains the assets for the experimental stuff i kept behind closed doors before (such as the hoverbike and some gear ideas i played around with). it's not possible to obtain these items ingame, but if you know what you're doing, you can add it to your starter gear and try it out.

i also began experimenting with the look of armour and weapons for them.
    [​IMG]
    this will probably be tier 2, maybe tier 3.
    i kinda want it to look clean and futuristic, with a hint of Tau empire elements thrown into it. even at the earlier tiers.

14. Graal

Graal Big Damn Hero

Awesome! My favourite race is back ^_^

15. Ponyus

It doesn't count as necromancy if it's your own thread, right?

anyway. just peeking in to see if there's still interest in this mod. I tried getting it to work with the Nightly, but i gave up halfway.

It still works with the latest stable version, but is anyone even playing that?

16. Alpha_StevO

Alpha_StevO Phantasmal Quasar

I, for one, would very much enjoy seein' this mod live through the 1.0 update and all the changes comin' along with it!

17. Ponyus

I got it working in the nightly build by rebuilding it from the ground up. I went back to using the Hylotl ship as a placeholder until i complete the tiered Amfin ships.

18. Ponyus

WIP thingy.

[​IMG]

I've started working on the first tier ship. i seem to be getting crashes when i upgrade it "legitemately". Probably has something to do with the AI. Gonna try to figure it out tomorrow.