1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Amfin Species V0.3 (updated for Enraged Koala)

Discussion in 'Races' started by Ponyus, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Ponyus

Ponyus Subatomic Cosmonaut

yes, i know how to fit it in there. the rest of us racemodders would need to come to some kind of agreement on who gets what spot though, because you cant have two races that occupy the same spot. thats why i left it floating at the top, for it to be easier to be compatible with other mods (even though it still takes some quick editing for that to work)

for the next release, i think ill revamp the structure of my folders. right now it's just in " /starbound/mods/ ", but it would be cleaner if i made it " /starbound/mods/amfin/ "

2. LFPO8k

LFPO8k Subatomic Cosmonaut

may look like a silly question but how did you expand your ship like that?

3. DXLelouch

DXLelouch Void-Bound Voyager

its character creation config not title that you gotta edit

4. Ponyus

im gonna assume you think that i used some kind of ingame feature to do it, but i didnt. it's modded. it's pretty easy to figure out how to do it. i'd suggest checking out the "vehicles and mounts" section if you're just looking for a new ship.

5. Chromaa

Chromaa Space Spelunker

Oh man, these are so pretty! I'm definitely interested in their lore!

6. Carty1234

Carty1234 Zero Gravity Genie

In the title folder is where the character creation picture was then, as you say, you go to the charcreation.config file and edit the position of the different thumbnails of the races.
    Ponyus, are you making a thumbnail for this race or shall I try (I emphasise the word try here, my art skills are abysmal) to make my own?

7. Ponyus

you can try if you want. the reason i stayed away from doing that now is because i dont consider their appearence final. i know myself well enough that i know im gonna hate how they look sooner or later and im probably gonna try to improve it.

an example of this is that i noticed when they wear helmets that covers everything but their face, the face turns into the "pattern color". this is because it hides their hair, wich is what i used to make different kind of stripes on their head.

8. Carty1234

amfinfemale.png amfinmale.png
    Here are the two thumbnails I made. Not great, but like I said, my art skills are lacking.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  9. Ponyus

10. Carty1234

Those images were the same size as the ones in the /title folder, but they seem incredibly small, I can scale them up if you like?

11. Ponyus

ah, now they work. i just got an error earlier.

they're good. im gonna add it in and use them for the next release. thanks!

12. Carty1234

I just reuploaded the images, don't know what was wrong with them.
    You mentioned before that you knew how to adjust the character selection screen, I have done everything (I will add the position of the races in myself). I was just wondering whether there was an easier way of adjusting the position value, or is it just a trial and error situation?

13. Ponyus

use math.
    they use an X and Y position system
    humans are position 0, 0 and avians are to the right of them in 27, 0. this means that the avians are 27 pixels to the right of the humans. so each species is 27 pixels apart. if you wanna add them to the left of the humans, you just make it -27, 0. if you wanna add them three steps to the right, you just multiply 27 by 3 to get 81 etc

sigh remind me to never becomme a math teacher. my own explanation seems confusing even to me. i hope you get it though. it's pretty simple

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  14. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

Nom nom nom. dem Amfins.

[​IMG]

Needs some custom weapons and armor methinks. I'm liking them so far though.

15. Ponyus

Working on that right now actually.
    [​IMG]

im gonna prioratise the items after tier. so im gonna make the starter gear first, then tier 1, tier 2 and so on.

as i have stated before, im gonna try to make even their low-end gear look sci-fi and futuristic. im probably gonna give them different stats and recepies aswell.

Holgast and Pinkie Pie like this.
  16. Kierran

Kierran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the idea. So many races that could be implemented, but yours... The tail makes it look amazing. :rainbow:
    To be honest.. More customization options and soon it might even get picked up by the devs!

One word... YES!

17. Ponyus

thank you for the kind words. it means a lot to me that people are enjoying it as much as i am.

about the tail, i need to fix the animation for it a little. right now, it looks like s/he slaps it against the ground when s/he's running.

im open for suggestions on more hairstyles for them. i kinda hit a wall there.

18. Kierran

Kierran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually... I'm might try and make you some new hairstyles.
    Need to practice my spriting.

Not promising anything though :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  19. hocotRT

hocotRT Aquatic Astronaut

Gotta say that I really like that ship.

20. Lunacent

Lunacent Space Spelunker

Was getting an error cause a second starbound.exe was running hidden in the background..be cautious of this guys and gals! Mod working perfectly, looks great, my favorite custom race so far~<3

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013