Allow us to re-choose skills.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by megakruemel, Feb 28, 2016.

1. megakruemel

megakruemel Subatomic Cosmonaut

As it happens, i just hit level 5 in farming but since i was in a hurry and wanted to close the game i forgot to read what was on the screen when i hit level 5. Apparently i could choose between farming and ranching giving 10% bonus to either crops or animal products.
    And since i really needed to close the game, since something important was happening in RL and i just wanted to save already, i just clicked furiously to speed up whatever happened on screen. And i chose the ranching talent by accident- even though i don't even have the coop.

So my suggestion: let us reallocate the talents once at the end of the season or year. That way it should not be that easy to abuse.

RooSalad and Lellom like this.
    • Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

I'd also say make it an item you can buy at the Hospital for 1-3k. As Combat level 5 is worded....oddly it seems. I'd like to play around with choices and see which works better.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

These are a good idea.

• Lerex

Lerex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I approve. I mad a similar mistake at fishing lv5 and want to change it.

• PFlute

PFlute Contributor

I'm down with this, since this sort of thing is...unprecedented for a farming game?

I'd say make one re-spec item available per year maybe, tie it to the magical-ish stuff in-game flavor-wise?

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Why not just as part of the new year celebrations?

• kEYHOUND

kEYHOUND Void-Bound Voyager

i was thinking about it, and then i thought of something interesting. why not at the end of the year, allow(if the player wants to) the ability to "re-spec". that way, he will be able to play the game in a somewhat diferent way each year, if he wants to, not only does that make the gameplay more "fresh", but also, allow experimentation.

for example, lets say, i loved fishing, and went full on fishing for money, but now i dont really need all that money, so i could just focus on something else, so this time, i just set a bunch of crab traps, and go for that instead, or, maybe i was full on rancher, and now i wanna focus more on my plants.

the game already is, open for diferent styles, and since basically at the end of each month, we are forced to change the crops anyway, its not like it would be any diferent from that, just you would have to wait until the end of the year, to experiment on something else...

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

Exactly this! It allows for much greater gameplay flexibility. :)

• Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

I like that idea. You can fluff it as New Year's Resolutions!

• kEYHOUND

kEYHOUND Void-Bound Voyager

exactly.
                      everybody can change, so why not allow players to play around with it. its not like this is a competitive shooter, there's no need to "force a restart" because of a mistake, misread information, or experimentation gone wrong.

• Lerex

Lerex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This re-choosing as "New Year's Resolution" is a great Idea. I just hope it gets in soon. I'm 14th Winter in year one. I would like to change it at the next new year !

• InertFurry

InertFurry Void-Bound Voyager

I just want to know where this is in the save file. I thought they were both active and I clicked through until I looked and saw only one was stated. The gem mining perk is useless.