1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed All Monsters Aggressive

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Azatha, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azatha

Azatha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm fairly sure it's not meant to be this way, but all monsters, either pre-made or procedurally generated, are aggressive from the start. I read that this bug once existed, but was supposed to be fixed. Is there anything I can do about it? It's taking away a fun aspect of the game, not knowing what you're approaching.

Note: The only mod I have is Colorbound.

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It is very much meant to be this way, sadly. In Glad Giraffe, Chucklefish intentionally prevented the spawning of many of the old neutral, randomly generated creatures you could find on various worlds and replaced them with "unique" creatures that get repetitive very fast and are always aggressive. The sole random-gen creature is also of the hostile variety, so the player is always in combat essentially.

Not saying I like the change, but it is most certainly intentional.

3. newcomer3

newcomer3 Big Damn Hero

Actually, I'm pretty sure passive mobs are still in the game, just pretty rare. I found a volcanic planet today with a species of weird gray plant platypuses (platypi? platypeople?) that didn't attack me. I even stood in the middle of a large group of them, they just didn't care. Everything else, however, threw me into the depths of the lava oceans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.