Modding Help ALL Custom Location Help, Please!!

Discussion in 'Mods' started by glowy, Jan 28, 2019.

1. glowy

glowy Title Not Found

I'm trying to create a new small area with one building in the game that is accessible through the bus stop area. I've created the maps in Tiled (edited the BusStop map to add a new path, then created my outdoor area and the interior of the building) and have packed the .tbins and .jsons back into .xnb format using xnbcli. I'm trying to use the Advanced Location Loader to put them in the game, but it crashes immediately upon loading a save.

It's clear I'm doing something wrong with the tilesheets, but I don't know how to fix it. Worth noting that I'm not using any custom tilesheets, just vanilla assets. Here's my crash log:
    https://log.smapi.io/zD36kVDT

I went to the Discord for help but nobody has been able to offer a solution yet... I'm getting a bit desperate because this is for a school project and I need to have my maps in the game by tomorrow (1/29) afternoon!

I'm open to other methods of adding the maps in if ALL isn't the easiest solution. At this point I don't really care about compatibility with other mods, so if there's an easy way to do it with just XNBs or something I'm fine with that. I tried just using SMAPI to load in a single map with the method on the SMAPI wiki page for map modding; when I tried to warp there, there weren't any errors, but it simply didn't work (said there was "no output").

If someone could just give me a really clear step-by-step tutorial on how to get custom maps functioning in the game through literally ANY method I would be so, so thrilled. It'd be nice if I could still use the .tbins I already made, but I'll take what I can get at this point. Thank you in advance. ;v;

HopeWasHere likes this.
    • glowy

glowy Title Not Found

NEVERMIND I figured out at least how to get my custom map in there! I'll be good for now!!