ALL ABOARD THE OVERWATCH HYPE TRAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Benkinz99, May 5, 2016.

?

Are you Excited for Overwatch?

1. Yes!

64.5%
  2. No.

19.4%
  3. kinda...

12.9%
  4. Whats Overwatch?

3.2%
  1. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

CHOO! CHOO!

But in all seriousness, how is everyone gearing up for Overwatch? I have yet to play the Beta (move faster you stupid green install line) but am sufficiently hyped. Ive been watching lots of Muselk to get news and info on the game, and I gotta say its looking spiffy. Anyway, This thread is here to talk anything Overwatch related. Whether it be general talk, sharing strategies, or even posting a gif of a funny or cool moment you had. The thread is here to discuss this game. I don't mind if you make references about other games, but please keep this thread Overwatch centered. Well, that about sums it up. Ill see you meatbags on the Beta!

Sincerely, The overly hyped Penguin who`s install rate is slower than a Novakid on a Memory game.

2. King Kitteh

King Kitteh Starship Captain

I got really hyped a few weeks ago but then it died down. I've got it downloaded it, but am yet to open it. I'm currently playing Dwarf Fortress instead :nurutease:. I'll probably give Overwatch a try tomorrow.

Lodish likes this.
  3. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

I have now played it, and It actually holds up to the hype extremely well. I'm surprised at just how well the classes are balanced, and how there is a counter hero for every hero. You cant do one hero and know it will win it, there is always a strategy to beat the one your using. The game itself is like if Doom Met Teamfortress 2, only your skill level isn't decided by the glamour of your hats. Its fast paced team-based fun. You can go in and destroy alone, but you are infinitely more powerful when with teammates. I wont explain all of the game, But It held up very well to the hype and excitement for me and many others. I have yet to find someone who was disappointed in the game.

4. Cyber-Toast

Cyber-Toast Big Damn Hero

I'm trying the open beta now and I don't know if I should buy it or buy No man's sky...
    Overwatch is a fucking good game anyway

5. King Kitteh

Yeah, gonna play it now. I'll update on my thoughts. I think I'll try playing Hanzo or Genji.

Update: Overwatch told me to get the newest driver for my graphics card. I did so then got some lunch. Still haven't played it...

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  6. IMSECRETLYAPENGUIN

IMSECRETLYAPENGUIN Seal Broken

Yay! I like hype trains!
    CHOO CHOO!!!

7. King Kitteh

I've just realised. I'm procrastinating playing Overwatch. What is wrong with me? o_O

8. King Kitteh

Okay guys, I started playing. As a noob I joined the tutorial. Everything lags!!! I had input lag, which seems to be mostly fixed now that I set vsync to disabled. But I have awful network lag. I keep jittering when moving, and the training bots take 3 or so seconds to realise they are shot.

I don't really want to join a game and piss people off being an awful laggy player. Anyone know if this lag is in regular games (are there private servers?)

9. Cyber-Toast

Maybe your game isn't on the right graphic card

10. King Kitteh

Okay, it worked in actual gameplay. I think that Australia doesn't have tutorial servers or something then, I had like 600 ping.

Cyber-Toast likes this.
  11. Cyber-Toast

Strange but if your game is working... Check your graphic card anyway, maybe you can have higher perfomances

12. King Kitteh

Yeah, I'm trouble shooting right now. I can play at about 40-50 fps on medium, but I should be getting more... Also I've had two cases of random freezing that required a restart.

13. Cyber-Toast

You can also check your graphic drivers, but if you have a Nvidia I don't think it's the drivers, I have one and I don't had to install any of them and my game is running perfectly

14. King Kitteh

I'm nearly at my wits end with this goddamn fps issue. My gpu is straining at 99% but gives awful fps. Nothing I've done seems to fix it :/ Probably gonna make a post on Tomshardware or something.

15. Cyber-Toast

What graphic card and processor do you have?

16. King Kitteh

I'm gonna make a post on a hardware website, but I have a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 and an Intel 4690k processor.

Cyber-Toast likes this.
  17. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

Truth be told for me. Whats so hype for overwatch; i just can't see whats good about it. It's just gonna end the same as all online game community. "Gets toxic players" then the "debutes characters that becomes broken that it kills the fun" then after that the "bad community". In all wells its just going to be a normal game with the same old community every game haves or will have.

18. King Kitteh

Well if you took a look at the polls you'd realise the hype isn't so great here. I mean, I'd assume mainly people interested in OW would look at this thread, and yet less than 50% of people polled as YES to being hyped for Over Watch. I want to play it mainly because it seems a like TF2, and I always felt I was too late to the TF2 community, also it looks interesting and fun.

19. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

It does look fun but it looks like those games thats fun with private servers more then public. But i'll stick with my sandbox games and be forever alone makings houses, mansions, and towns.

VE-Amber likes this.
  20. King Kitteh

Private is usually better than public as most games are better with friends. Can't really think of any that wouldn't be. I am really looking forward to some mechanics though, epic deflects with Genji and smashes with Reinhardt especially.