1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Alas, my plans, they be foiled, again

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Leinad Werecat, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Leinad Werecat

Leinad Werecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was using the Felins mod (among other things but that's the most important one) and I once had all my ship wired to one door, because it seemed amusing to me, having my entire ship go dark while I was in the cockpit. Somehow, along with my universe being a fresh new start, on part of my ship has invisible flooring. Not really sure what to do about that, but more annoyingly, I was trying to see if I could make it show up and accidentally broke a light. I replace the light, and go to re-wire it to my door..... And the wire in my hand keeps disappearing before i get to the door! Shenanigans ensue, and before I know it I have unwired my entire ship from my door, and now I cannot get them to be re-wired. Much sadfacing has been had.

My question to you people, is this: Is there anything to be done about this dilema, besides not have everything wired to a single door like an artosis pylon? Has this happened to any of you? I prefer to keep my wiring as simple as possible because gates hurt my tiny pea brain.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound Discussion, since the Social forum is not related to the game.

3. Leinad Werecat

Leinad Werecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oops. My bad.

4. Littleman88

Littleman88 Big Damn Hero

I think the last time I had this dilemma, I discovered there is actually a distance from the character a wire can go, so I had to physically move close to the door. I haven't wired anything in a long time because I'm lazy.

5. Shadow86

Shadow86 Pangalactic Porcupine

Could try wiring all the ship to a central, intermediate object, and then wire that to the desired door.

6. TheEverlastingBoss

TheEverlastingBoss Void-Bound Voyager

You can try dong /admin then re-wiring ( 'cos I've found that in /admin the wire seems to be able to go as far as you want.) then switching back out.

7. Kholdwyn

Kholdwyn Void-Bound Voyager

I've noticed the invisible blocks you are referring to in the upgraded parts of my ship. Through experiments I have found you can remove them by covering them with any other block and then breaking said blocks. I used dirt since it breaks quickly. No more invisible floors/walls. Hopefully that helps.