1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

After 5 minuets everything in the game is white!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hirns, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Hirns

Hirns Space Hobo

So....i saw Stardew Valley in an Youtube Video.I was in love with this game.So i bought a STEAM card today!
    I bought Stardew Valley and started to play.between its an awesome game!Well i played it 5 minuets and the textures was white evrything only the buttons were in weard colours!I restarted my PC and tried my best!Nothing worked so PLEASE PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE help me i want to play this awesome game!!!

If you want i can post an screenshot from the problem!

Stardew Valley_2017-11-13_18-32-45.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017
    • Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Moved to Stardew Valley Support. Please don't use Website & Forum Support for anything other than issues with the website and forums.

I've also merged your triple-post. Please don't stack multiple posts back-to-back; use the edit button instead.

And finally, I've closed the first instance of this thread you posted. Please don't make duplicates.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

This graphics issue has plagued me since day one, and has been reported before. If you minimize the window (without closing) and then return it to normal size, the graphics will reset perfectly and will not glitch again for the remainder of that play-session. You will need to do this again every time you play the game, though. But this should happen only once when you load the game, about five minutes in, as you have noted. Once you minimize and restore the window you should be able to play for any length of time without any other graphics whiteouts, at least that's how I've always handled it. Never could figure out why it does this a few minutes into every play-session, but since the fix is so easy I've never worried much about it.

Hirns likes this.
        • Hirns

Hirns Space Hobo

uhm.....how to minimize the game?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

If you're playing in full screen mode, you may need to swap the graphics mode to 'windowed' from the controls menu to play. That's this -->[​IMG] tab on the menu screen. Looking at the wiki the default mode is apparently 'Windowed Borderless', which if so should be changed to just 'Windowed' so that you have size controls like any other PC window. In a windowed mode, you just minimize the window from the upper right of the window edge itself. (You said this was a PC version, I'm giving instructions for a Windows OS PC-- if you're on Linux/Mac the window controls may vary.) Once you minimize it, click the minimized window again from the control bar to re-open it back to full size and the graphics should be back to normal for the rest of that playing session.