Notice Addressing Beta Questions

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

This Starbound Wiki here has a thing to it's right on the Home Page of the Site Indicating Starbound Livestreams & when they're live or not live atm... when Live, ya can Click it to go to it to watch it. http://starbounder.org/Main_Page :up:

Last I heard, there was gonna be a Mode something like this called Director Mode, & if I remember right, it's gonna be either a Full Release thing, or a planned Post Release thing.

JackOfAllTrades likes this.
  2. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not really when you expected beta, but December 2013 isn't exactly early..

3. Mitchykins

Mitchykins Tentacle Wrangler

Any system requirements yet? I need to know if this game will work on my 2.3ghz quadcore AMD, radeon hd6770 toaster of a computer

JackOfAllTrades likes this.
  4. FWB

FWB Void-Bound Voyager

So here's an odd question. If I download and activate the beta on steam, will that invalidate and bar me from being able to play the non steam version later on? Or once the non-steam version comes out will I be able to download that and get rid of my steam version?

5. Henry Wotton

Henry Wotton Starship Captain

Once the DRM Free version will be out, you can download it too and keep both, or delete the Steam version if you really hate it... :up:

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Clockwork

Clockwork Master Astronaut

uhh.... That's a pretty good toaster.

7. PolarStar

PolarStar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not a developer and I know that won't happen. It's nonsensical.

If you buy the game through steam, you will not be able to get a DRM Free version (although you could easily remove the folder from steamapps). HOWEVER, if you buy the game through the humble bundle page, you're given both a key and a DRM Free Link (once it becomes available). The Key is one use, but the DRM Free Link is, as far as I'm aware, unlocked and will never lock based on a download. And downloading one doesn't lock the other.

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. FWB

FWB Void-Bound Voyager

Excellent. Thanks alot!

9. Jarod

Jarod Cosmic Narwhal

certain tech things if i remember right, like if your an avian you can get wings on your armour and if your human you can make your armour glow.
    and then interactions between races.

Axe Garian likes this.
  10. voidinfini

voidinfini Master Chief

Thanks so much for all the hard work!! I promise it'll pay off for you guys at Chuckle. We're all super excited!

11. NewcDukem

NewcDukem Aquatic Astronaut

You're technically correct, but I think its safe to assume the Steam price would not be different.

12. FlutterBrave

FlutterBrave Void-Bound Voyager

Oh hell, how could I never have thought of this?
    Shit is about to get real.

FrozenOrange and Lobo like this.
  13. jrapta

jrapta Void-Bound Voyager

A test to see time zone difference posted at 2:10 eastern

14. Goldenchikin

Goldenchikin Void-Bound Voyager

mostly armor mods i belive.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Henry Wotton

Henry Wotton Starship Captain

8:14 in the morning here in italy

16. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

5:16 am in brazil :V

17. Goldenchikin

about 1:20 here.

18. Kohl124

Kohl124 Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you guys aren't familiar with timezones offhand you can check out something like this.

19. Goldenchikin

I don't know if i can wait three days....

20. ChibiTrap

ChibiTrap Void-Bound Voyager

I don't think customizable keybindings are in *quite* yet, but I'm not 100% sure. You might want to grab xpadder or AHK or a similar keybinding program to build your own if you really-super-can't-wait.

The hunger / heat / breath bars toggle themselves in-and-out as they deplete, so you only see them when you need to. If you mean disable the hunger mechanic itself, so you don't have to eat? Not as-yet, but perhaps in the future via mod or some other difficulty setting.

The beta will run until launch, in 3 phases. This is for the long-haul, not just a flimsy quick-play-it-now beta weekend :)

FlutterBrave and Axe Garian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.